Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One Month with Silas!

Today we have officially had Silas for one month! It has been a very emotional month! I have never been so elated, exhausted, frustrated and overjoyed all at the same time. When my girls were born I remember feeling like I could not remember life before them. I know with each of them, when they were 2 weeks old, I remember thinking what did I do before they were here? It was like my memory of life before them did not exist. Honestly, I can remember life before Silas. I'm not saying this in a bad way - I love him dearly. But, life was just easier then, ya know? I would not change anything and I know in time our family will get back into the groove of life. Each day is a little better than the last.
Our sweet boy one month ago. His entire life had just been turned upside down. He was so cuddly and sweet - I thought he was so calm, now I know he was just shut down.
Calm no more! Silas is very, very busy. He does not stop moving unless he is asleep! He is still sweet and cuddly, but only on his terms. He is very affectionate and loves to give big hugs and slobbery kisses!

We are so happy God led us to adoption and to Silas. He is definitely changing the dynamic in this family! I think we needed a little rough and tough instead of being all pink and frilly! He is learning new things every day. He is waving more and said bye-bye to my mom yesterday. Granted, it sounded like baba (daddy in Chinese) but at least he repeated it! He is listening and starting to understand some of what we say. He is sitting still and listening to books a little easier and he is eating great. We love you Silas and look forward to many more months and years together!

5 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I can't believe it's already been a month! He looks so wonderful. I remember after coming home with Olivia that life didn't even BEGIN to seem normal for two full months. After that it seemed to progressivly get better and easier.

~Lynn

Danielle said...

Well one thing is true no matter whether it's a child you gave birth to or one that was given to you by God, time flies! It is so hard to believe a month has already flown by. Just look at the progress you've made in a month's time. I have all the confidence in the world in both you and Jason and know that you will have Silas in line in no time. I know it must be overwhelming right now trying to undo and redo 2 years worth of habits, but you'll get there. Without them knowing, the girls are setting a good example for him too.

I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed the dinner. It didn't really take me the whole day but I thoroughly enjoyed making it and looked forward to giving it to you guys. It helps that cooking is one of my passions and creative outlets, so it's fun for me.

Hopefully we can get together next weekend when Brooke is in town.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara -

Danielle had mentioned all of us getting together next weekend when I come down to visit, which would be great! However, I think she said you all have something Friday night? On Saturday night, we are going to the winery in Henry County with my mom's whole family, but we could potentially do earlier in the day? Just let me know, and we are looking forward to our afternoon with you guys on Friday, regardless!

Love,
Brooke

jeanette said...

I love that "now" picture! too cute!

I bet going from 2 girls to having a boy in the mix IS a big adjustment....boys are ALL energy ALL of the time! :)

Rebecca said...

Cara...Love your blog! We need "pink and frilly" to go with our "rough and tumbly"! Just the opposite! Have fun!