I've decided to stop posting on our family blog and to just use this one. It's easier to just have one blog to update, and I know most people check this one. I needed a new color scheme and hope to make a few more changes as I have time (which is rare these days!).
Thank you to everyone for your sweet comments on my last post. I am so thankful to have your support! We had a great day on Sunday and today was really hard again. I know soon the good days will begin to out number the bad days - hopefully soon! The sad thing is I only had all of the kids this afternoon and I am mentally, emotionally and physically worn out!
Madelyn and I went school shopping this morning. This is a tradition we started two years ago when she was going to preschool and is one I know we will continue hopefully though college! I can't wait to take Caroline in a few weeks before she starts preschool. She looked so forward to today. The morning was all about her. We went to the mall and bought her 2 new pairs of shoes for school. She finally wears a 9 1/2! Then we went to buy her special first day of school outfit. We went to a large department store who will remain nameless and I was disgusted! Every thing she picked up looked like it was meant for a 15 year old, not a 5 year old. We left and went to Gymboree. This store is too expensive for me unless they are having a major sale, but I new that they would have appropriate clothing and I wanted her to have something special for her first day of kindergarten. She picked out the cutest little navy knit dress that is covered in apples. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
We then did lunch (just like the ladies) at Olive Garden and she thought she was tough stuff. After that we went to Wal-mart and bought all of her items on her supply list. Pink was the color of choice for folders and notebooks! We had a fun morning running through the rain, laughing, talking and hopefully making memories she will remember forever!
Caroline and Silas stayed with Tara and she said they did great. Maybe he's just really bad for me! I think the combo of Caroline and Silas together with me is bad. They both get jealous. The Caroline quote from Saturday - "Can we take Silas back to China?" Yes - this is my life! Even though it's hard right now, I love it (most of the time!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved our back to school shopping days! I can't wait to start that tradition with Wilson this year. Though I doubt he'll pick olive garden or pink!!!
I too look forward to the back to school shopping days. I'm not trying to rush things but I so looked forward to that time and I hope Colin will too. Alyssa is right, I'm sure it will be different with boys but hopefully they'll still enjoy it.
It was fun visiting with you guys on Saturday and hopefully we can get together again soon!
By the way, I laughed out loud at Caroline's quote. You never have to wonder what a child is thinking!
Cara - I can't even imagine all the emotions you are going through these days, but I hope you know that we are all pulling for you. I honestly can't think of another person who could make it all work better than you. Danielle and I were just talking about how we watch you in amazement because you never raise your voice to the kids and have the patience of Job. You are an inspiration to many of us "new" Moms, so hang in there, and keep doing what you're doing. It WILL get better!
Love you,
Brooke
We did not have the sibling issues but things were so crazy in the early days that Nick went thru a phase where he would out of the blue say that he wanted to go "back to 'azakan" and many days had we a jet, we would have obliged. Talk about feeling like a failure yet it always gave us a little chuckle to get us thru the moment. I love your before school shopping idea....how sweet! Nick grew almost 5 inches and 4 shoe sizes since coming home last year so buying to much before preschool last year would not have worked for us but I have hopes that we can pre-buy more this year! ha!
Post a Comment