Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 11


I am ALL boy!

Feeding Daddy


Silas and Mommy
This is fun!

Thank you all so much for all of your comments and supporting words! We apologize we cannot respond back to you, time with an almost 2 year old does not allow that, but we are very thankful for all of your thoughts! Today we had a nice Sunday. Jason is really sick tonight, he must have eaten something bad, so please pray for him! He started on our Cipro, so hopefully by morning he will be feeling better.

Silas is doing well. He has lots and I repeat LOTS of tantrums, for no apparent reason. He does not want to be held, he turns to jello if I try to put him down to walk, he doesn't want a snack or drink. He just wants to scream! Hmm, I think he is almost 2! Other than the tantrums, he is doing well. He loves to play, is sleeping very well now, and is bonding great with Jason & I both. Tonight since J is so sick, we went to a park to play after dinner with some other families. He loved it! He tends to be very shy in public, but he had so much fun going down the slide. He even went head first! At bedtime, I put him in his crib and he cried for maybe 10 seconds - WOW! Major improvement over 30 minutes. He was awake and I just held his hand and sat with him for about 25 minutes until he fell asleep. He has to be touching me to sleep.
Going head first down the slide
Silas and his favorite friend, Stephanie

This morning we went to church at a Chinese Christian church. It was very moving to be able to worship Jesus in China! We made it through about half the service before Silas' tantrums started. He did much better than I thought he would. We shopped a little after lunch and bought a few things. The boys came back and rested and I went the the supermarket with our group to get a few supplies (water, crackers, m&m's & cookies for the plane). After that we had a big group dinner again at a Cantonese restaurant. That is where J decided he was sick and came back to the room. He missed out! The food was really good, although from the looks of the front of the restaurant I was very scared!!
Thankfully, this was not what we ate!

Madelyn & Caroline - we miss you SO much! We'll see you Wednesday night! Silas has something to show you that we got for you today. We hope you had a good day and will talk to you tomorrow. Love, Mommy & Daddy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all are doing okay and making good progress with Silas, despite the periods of feeling sick and always so tired! The tantrums maybe simply Silas's response to the big change and he is fortunate to have such patient parents!!! We are holding together here okay, but I have a feeling that they might sleep all of the way to Minneapolis on Thursday, making up for all of the lost sleep from the past two weeks. I am enjoying your daily posts, and so are the girls. Only a few more days in China!! Love mom.

Anonymous said...

Mommy and Daddy,
We had fun today at church. I might be getting a cold but gamma is taking care of me. She is making me drink lots of water! And we talked to Dr. Alyssa about the small cough I have. She said that it is too early to get alarmed, so we are not worried yet. I love you and I love Silas too. Daddy, I hope you feel better soon. Bye Bye, madelyn

Anonymous said...

Jason and Cara,

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with your journey. I am continuing to pray for you guys and will specifically pray that Silas' episodes subside. What tremendous progress he seems to making, though. I hope Jason gets to feeling better so you can enjoy your last few days in China. Get rest whenever you can and know you are in my thoughts and prayers. We can't wait for you guys to get back home!

Tiffaney

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that's not what you ate! ;) The first picture looks like bugs. It's good you are able to find something to eat while you are there. Jason, I hope you are feeling better and that you all had a good nights rest. Silas is such a good little brother showing his sisters their new gifts! Can't wait to meet this amazing little guy! Only a few more days and you will be home. Blessings! Kristin and Todd

Alyssa said...

Hope Jason is feeling better. So cute to see Silas holding up the girls gifts! I'm glad he is getting to sleep easier and in his crib makes it even better for you all. Just a few more days!
~Dr. Alyssa!!

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed following along on your journey. You've made me cry, smile and laugh..I couldn't help but giggle at the 'squaty potty' haha. Silas is COMPLETELY ADORABLE! I know that you must be looking forward to getting home and introducing him to the girls:) I will be praying for your safe return home and that you feel better Cara. Bless you all.

Love, Katrina Ruth

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Hey Cara and Jason did you miss my comments?! We've been out of town and I missed your blog. This is the first time I could get back on and I love everything you wrote about. Wow- so boys throw fits too- I thought it was just girls!!!! Can't wait to see you all.
I hope you all are feeling somewhat better.
Tracey

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing you guys with Silas! What an amazing journey. You all are in my prayers.

Amanda Nelson

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Guys! It sounds as though you all are hanging in there, and I agree with your mom Cara - perhaps Silas' tantrums are primarily related to the transition right now and will subside with time. You are always SOOOOO incredibly patient with the girls, and I know you will be equally patient with Silas as he works through this. When I get frustrated, I try to stop and think - ok, how would Cara handle this situation?! I hope Jason is feeling better and that the Cipro has taken effect. Hang in there!!

Love,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Okay...I'm gonna agree with Kristin...that first pic does look like bugs! :) We have so enjoyed all the details you provide about everything...so fantastic-- and, it helps because we know specifically what to pray for! Jason, I pray you are conpletely well at this point, and Cara, that you are feeling better, too. And...for patience...you guys are amazing parents, and I know this time must be so exhausting adn challenging, and WONDERFUL, in some many ways-- we all are pulling for you and admire you so much! Love you!
-Brad and Len

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...glad to hear you're getting close to heading home. I love to see the obvious progression from the pics of Silas bonding with both of you! I'm praying for a safe and peaceful flight home! Raleigh is anxious to meet Silas! :) Angie