Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 13

Last post from China!! We have loved our time here in China, but are very excited to get back to the USA! We miss our girls, we miss our bed, our house, our dog, salads, ice, fruit and veggies! We can't wait for our son to meet his sisters!

The big thing for today was our oath ceremony at the US Consulate. It was not a big deal at all. Cameras were not allowed so there are no pictures. If they had been allowed, I would have taken a picture of the sign in the bathroom that said to put your feet on the floor, not on the toilet seat! : ) I guess people are used to using the squatty potty and don't know how to use a regular one! Basically they asked if all of our information was truthful, we raised our right hand and said yes - that's it. We did get Silas' visa so he can officially enter the US. The rest of the day was spent shopping and eating. Yes, we do have it very rough here in Guangzhou!

Big Milestone! Silas sat in a high chair today!!! That will really help Mommy once we are home and I have 3 little ones to take care of.

Silas and Daddy walking to dinner. We ate at another Cantonese restaurant today.

We shopped a lot at A Home of Love today. We got lots of great souvenir's!
Our table at dinner. Our travel group has been so great and we have enjoyed getting to know all the families and their precious children.
Yummy Chinese food. Tonight was good, but not as good as the other Cantonese restaurant.
Another big milestone! Silas finally figured out how to drink from a sippy cup! When we got him, he only drank from a bottle. Now he can also use a straw and a sippy cup.

Please pray for our travels tomorrow and on Thursday as we head to MN for Kristyn's wedding. Pray for Silas that he is patient and good and also for our patience! We leave the hotel at 5:30 am tomorrow morning (5:30 pm on Tuesday at home) and arrive at 10:20 pm on Wednesday in Lexington. We will be traveling for a very long time.

Thank you all for following our journey. Your comments have been such a blessing and I know Silas will appreciate reading them all when he gets older. We plan on making this blog into a book for him so he knows "his story".

10 comments:

jeanette said...

I'm praying your flight will be smooth and uneventful..and that all 3 of you will get some good sleep in! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll echo that post. I hope your flight is uneventful and you are all able to rest and relax on the trip home. I'll also be praying for you as you travel to the wedding. Can't wait to see you all!
~Kristin

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Hip Hip Hooray- you'll be home soon!!! I can't wait to meet Silas. I loved reading the blog everyday. I'm praying for a safe flight for you guys and I hope he sleeps on the plane!!
See ya soon-Cara, we'll miss you at bible study tonight.

Tracey

Dana Underwood said...

I know you all have a lot going on over the next several days. I pray for a safe flight to the USA, a quick transition to the correct time zone, safe travels to and from the wedding, and a blessed time introducing Silas with his sisters, his grandparents and extended family! When things calm down, don't forget to stop by and visit us at AHH. ~Dana

Anonymous said...

We have been following your journey. It has been so fun to read it and keep up with your daily activities. We will be praying for a safe flight home for you. And will also be praying for you all to be able to get some rest.

Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the few hours that you will get to spend at home before taking off again!! We'll keep you in our prayers for a safe drive up north! Hopefully your children will all be good little passengers!!

Can't wait to see you!!

Mike and Tina

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of Silas with the girls! Be safe and treasure every second!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you-- and praying for a safe, smooth and boring few plane rides home!!!! Love you and are counting the minutes until we can put our eyes on the newest member of our LG family!!!!!!
-Love-Len and Brad

Alyssa said...

So glad you'll be back in the USA soon! You leave in 1 hour. I'm getting your groceries and will have them at your house tomorrow. Mom said she will have the laundry done. Prayers for a safe and EASY plane ride. I hope it goes quickly for you.

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy that Silas has been united with his forever family. Please know I am thankful you have allowed us to follow along on your journey. My prayer for Silas is that he will come to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior at an early age. And that he will know true happiness comes by seeking God's will for his life. Have a safe trip home!
Ronnie Bray
Datong Group

Anonymous said...

We hope you have a safe trip home and have enjoyed following your journey in China. We look forward to seeing you as a whole family.
Ron & Angela Roberts