Monday, July 21, 2008

Baptism

Yesterday, Jason's dad baptized Silas! It was a very special day for us. The church we go to now believes in immersion when a child is old enough to make a personal decision to follow Christ, but Jason and I were both raised in churches where infant baptism is practiced. Both of the girls were baptized as infants and we wanted the same for him. Thankfully we have a pastor in the family! Jason's parents and my family came over as well as our friends Emily, Lennie and Brad. We baptized him in the front yard and he wore a special traditional Chinese outfit we had bought in while in China. We pray that this is just the beginning of his relationship with Christ and that Silas will grow up knowing and loving Jesus. (For some reason when I cut and pasted the words it underlined them and I can't get it off! Can anyone help?)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that Jason's dad was able to baptize him! I will plan to call you tonight or tomorrow to check in! I can't wait to hear about everything!

Love,
Brooke

Danielle said...

What a special event and how great is it that Jason's dad (and the rest of his family) was able to be a part of it. I love all of your alls Chinese attire!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Your Chinese clothes look very nice. It is so great to see you as a family of 5. We look forward to seeing you at church.
Ron & Angela Roberts

jeanette said...

look at that beautiful family of 5!!!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you guys Sunday. I felt that I already knew Silas. It was good to see Caroline and Madelyn also.Maybe when the new wears off, I can hold Silas and give him some of Ms. Sylvia's love and read him a book. Thanks for telling your friends about my new adventure with my daycare/school. I am so excited about my new adventure. We hired a contrator to start on the basement so we will be ready to open in August.GOD IS SO GOOD! Ms. Sylvia.