Monday, July 14, 2008

We're Home!!

We finally made it home! We arrived home at 10:30 pm on Wednesday night after traveling for 30 hours. Silas did very well on the plane ride - surprisingly well. He slept a little on the first flight to Tokyo and then we had a short layover. Our plane had been delayed a little so we boarded soon after we arrived. We then had a longer delay on our way to Detroit. We had a 6 hour layover there - so we were in no hurry! On the long flight, Silas slept for probably 7-8 hours. He ate well, played and was very good. When we finally boarded our last plane we were so happy! An hour and a half later we were greeted by tons of family and friends. It was so great to have each of you there to welcome Silas home! It meant so much to us. After being home one night, we left Thursday around 1:00 to go to Jason's sister's wedding in MN. You can see pictures of our trip here.Silas saying goodbye to China. It was bittersweet to leave his home.

Enjoying his meal of delicious airline food! We bought him a seat for the return flight and it was a wonderful decision. We were all able to spread out some.

Surviving in Detroit. He is enjoying his first taste of Chai Tea! We were desperate at that point! : )
The best part about being home - our girls!! The most precious thing happened when we got home. He immediately ran to them and hugged them and gave them kisses. Then they each took one hand and walked him all around. He definitely knew them from our Skyping every day.
Silas even let my mom hold him for a short while.

We are so thankful to be home and thank each one of you for your prayers! I will occasionally be updating this site now that we are home. If you would like to follow daily life, I will post on our family blog - www.thegroths.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm not sure I'll be able to see what I'm typing through the tears but I'll try. The picture of the girls hugging Silas is one of the most precious pictures ever! How heart warming that he already knows who his family is and loves them so much. I know you'll never forget that moment!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... my eyes swelled up with tears when I saw the girls with their arms around him. Oh God is good!