Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 12

We had another good day here in China! Jason woke up feeling much better and we are very thankful for Cipro. After breakfast, I went to the mall with the other ladies and the dads and babies stayed in the room for our consulate appointment. They have to wait in the room while our guide takes our paperwork to the consulate. If there are problems we get a phone call, but everything went great! YEAH!

After shopping this morning at the pearl market and the DVD store, I came back to the hotel and we went shopping some more around the island. We got more souveirs and some really nice gifts to bring back. We then had the famous red couch photo's that adoptive families do, and then shopped some more! Here is our day in pictures.

The mall - notice the KFC and Papa Johns! There were also two McDonalds

Inside the huge mall
The Pearl Market - very good prices! Since two little girls I know can't read yet, I can tell you all what I got! I got 2 necklaces for the girl's wedding days, 2 pairs of small very good quality earrings for when they get their ears pierced, two nice rings for a special birthday and two pearl bracelets. They also gave me some free earrings made from the leftover bracelet pearls. I did not get the best quality pearls, but they are still really nice and WAY cheaper than at home.

The girl who was making my necklaces

Our little Emperor ready for his red couch photo
The Datong boys, Silas and Jacob



The group picture of our kids - mass chaos!

Dinner.

After dinner.

Our little man loving the see saw

Weeeee!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to get the girls the pearls for such special occasions in their life. It will mean so much to them! I love the picture of you guys on the red couch, it made me smile :) Have a great nights rest and day tomorrow!
Love, Kristin

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm glad you got the pearls...I wish I'd gotten a ring for Olivia!
Silas looks so handsome in his traditional clothes! It seems like you are really enjoying your time in GZ!

~Lynn

Danielle said...

The picture of Silas in his get-up is too cute! He really does look like a little emperor. I know you guys are ready to come home and we're all ready to see you! It looks like you got some good American food last night. So was the pizza somewhat similar to ours? Have a good rest of your trip.

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

I love the idea of all the pearl jewelry. That is so neat. Silas is so cute in his outfit for the red couch! Just think you guys will be home soon!!!! I can't wait to meet him.
Enjoy your last days there.

Tracey

Jenny said...

I love seeing the Red Couch pics! I've been following along every day, but because of my internet situation at work I can read but not post.

What a great idea about the pearls! I'll have to remember that when we go.

I'm wracking my brain for a souvenir order but I can't think of anything! Enjoy your last few days and I hope your return flights go well!

Anonymous said...

I will echo what others have said-- what a great idea to purchase pearls for special moments in the girls' lives! You guys are so smart! Even with no sleep, and limited nutrition, you're thinking of that stuff. :) There is no way to put into words how cute your 'little emporer' looked...precious, precious. The twinkle is back in all three of your eyes in these pics....I'm hoping that means you had a better day (and hopefully, night!) and are feeling better/better rested. Do enjoy the next few days...we can't WAIT to see you!!
-Love- Len and Brad
P.S. Just went to Dr. Slone (all is well, except for the weight I am losing, but truly no biggie!:), and we talked so much about you...she has enjoyed getting updates from Alyssa so much...and is THRILLED for the both of you!!! She thinks Silas is a knock-out too, and asked us to tell you both hello and congrats. :)

Andrea Nielsen said...

congratulations on a wonderful journey...you are almost home! Silas is precious and I hope that some day Lillie and I will meet him in person. (we are in Lexington) Silas is precious. Blessings! ( I got Lillie earrings too)

Jeff said...

Hey-- not ALL dads stayed in the room-- and I've got the pearls to prove it!

--Jeff & Xiao Xiao

Anonymous said...

Love the red couch photo. Silas looked so cute. The peal factory was closed while we were there. Glad you got to go. Also glad you found some familiar food to eat. The end is getting near. Can't wait to see you and meet Silas!!
Ron & Angela Roberts

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Silas in his traditional outfit. I'll have to have a paper picture of that one. The pearls sound really nice! The girls were at mom and Dad's this AM and w/Tara in the PM. I'm getting ready to go get them now. Did a little school work. Today you come home!!!

Anonymous said...

Not long now! I can't believe how quickly the time seems to be going. It probably seems slower for you all, though. Thank you so much for keeping all of us updated with this blog. Cara, you could have a new career on your hands! I don't know how you found the time for all of this! I have loved all the pics and descriptions. Can't wait to see you all and meet Silas! See you soon!

Wayne and Brooke

Anonymous said...

I got caught up on all your posts late last night and have really enjoyed all the pics. We are among the long list of people who can't wait to personally welcome Silas to KY!! I pray you all have a safe & smooth trip home - may he sleep a lot on the long plane ride --did you bring any kids' benadryl for him? That stuff works wonders to knock kids out when you need to - ha ha! :) Love you all, the Bullock Bunch

Alyssa said...

Love the picture of him in his traditional outfit! So glad the food has gotten better. The pearls for the girls is a great idea! I'm hoping to work out a way to come to the airport and welcome you home late Wednesday night!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you will be home in just a short while. I only wish I could be there to welcome you all and Silas back to the U.S.! Please know I will be thinking of you, and I can't wait to catch up on your adventure and set up a time when we can come and visit! Love to you all! -Brooke