We have had two very good days with Silas! I think we are on the up swing of adjusting to life. He seems to be fitting in a little better and learning the routine of our day. He just seems more relaxed and happy. We still have moments of crying and tantrums, hitting and pushing - but they are fewer! I have been less tense and have been able to enjoy all of my children.
Silas seems to be learning things so quickly. He is able to wave and say "bye" now, he is starting to use a spoon to feed himself, he climbs up the stairs, signs more, all done, eat and drink, and he talks non-stop (along with running non-stop!) We cannot understand any words other than mama, dada and bye, but he doesn't mind! I have contacted the program for our state that assists with therapy in young children and am hoping he qualifies for speech therapy. I think he will just take off with his language once he gets into therapy. The evaluator comes next Wednesday morning to see if he qualifies.
Madelyn got to go to school this morning. Our county started a new screening for all kindergarten students today. Of course it was very controversial, but I personally think it is a great idea. I think teachers normally spent the first couple weeks of school doing this, and now they will be able to have an idea of what each child knows the first day. It allowed Madelyn to be in the school one additional time before it starts and to meet the principal, the counselor and her potential teacher. They had an assessment of letters, colors, shapes, numbers etc. We waited for about half and hour and then her assessment lasted for about 20 minutes. She was a little nervous, but came out all smiles and got a new book! She said it was really fun. We are waiting for the letter to come with the name of her teacher and next Tuesday we go to the "bash" where we get to meet the teacher, see the school, drop off her supplies and eat dinner. I'm really excited for this new phase in her life and am praying for her as she will be making new friends and experiencing lots of new things.
Caroline is doing well. We had a rough afternoon yesterday. As she said, "being a big sister is hard!" She is adapting to the roll fairly well. She and Silas tend to have a love/hate relationship. They are either running around giggling, hugging and kissing or are hitting and pushing. It is evening out some. I walked into the playroom yesterday where our fish Nemo lives and there was water everywhere. I asked her what was going on and she decided Nemo wanted to get out of his bowl! I never know what she will come up with. She is my sweet baby girl though, or rather muffin as she likes to be called. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so what happened to Nemo? I think your mothering skills are being put to the test...assessed... whatever educational term you want to pick. ...and I think you are doing a very good job. I'm watching and listening and you are doing great. You are also in my prayers every day!
Love Mom.
She didn't actually get him out, thankfully! He was still swimming around.
Post a Comment