Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ms. Independent

What a change we have seen in Madelyn these past couple of weeks. Where did my baby go? It seems as though since she started Kindergarten that she grew up overnight. She is thriving in school. She absolutely loves it! What an answered prayer. She is making friends, learning to read and is having so much fun. She is tired, but has so much fun that she cannot wait to go back the next day.

In the past couple of weeks both girls have learned to swim. Madelyn would never put her face in. While she was at school one day I took Silas and Caroline and Caroline started to put her face in and swim around. I told Madelyn (knowing this would be her response!) and she said, "well, I can do that too"! She was right. It's amazing what skills come out when your little sis does them before you do. She walked right into the pool and started swimming. Who knew? She is actually really good. She can float on her back and kick, dive under that water to retrieve toys and swim a small distance holding her breath. I am so proud of the girls!

Madelyn also is getting really well on her bike. Yesterday and today she was outside for over an hour just riding around our court. She is so much more brave and just seems more confident. She is really fun to be around! I enjoy age 5. Next week starts all of our activities. I'm hoping our schedule can handle everything. Tuesday afternoons both girls have ballet. Wednesday afternoons Madelyn has private piano lessons and Thursday afternoons she has group piano lessons. She is starting Suzuki piano and we are really excited. Jason and I both took Suzuki cello lessons and are looking forward to her getting started in music. I think piano is a perfect instrument for her to begin on and then when she gets older she can choose either a band or orchestra instrument to play at school. She can't wait to get started. We have been listening to her CD of the book 1 songs, I can't wait to hear her playing them.

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend! Monday is our big boy's 2nd birthday and we cannot wait to celebrate him!

No comments: