Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Silas!

Our baby boy is 2! What a special day we had today celebrating our new addition. Silas was pretty clueless about what was going on but really seemed to enjoy himself. Our house was a wreck and so first he got to go to Gamma's house with his sisters for some play time. Jason and I cleaned the house top to bottom and then he came home and took a big nap before his party. He was not too fond of opening his presents but he has had fun playing with his new blocks, lego's and car. He also got lots of nice fall/winter clothes and PJ's. Our friends went together and go him a gift certificate for the picture place I like to use so I can have his 2 year pictures made. What a great useful gift!We are so happy Silas was home on this special day. We are so blessed to have this fun, energetic, sweet little boy as our son! We love you Silas and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!
Silas doesn't have any favorites yet, so I decided to do a Thomas theme.
This cake was super easy and I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Mommy & my boy
Having fun with friends
Water balloons!
Everybody get Daddy!
This is really fun!

The LG kids minus baby Maggie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to play with Silas at church Sunday. We had the best time. I worked this weekend to help out. Silas has a wonderful smile and is eager to learn. We were putting long rings together like blocks. If you want, call me and I will describe them to you. Silas keeped on telling me to put together with signing. Then we got wooden Lincoln Logs and instead of putting them together he was making some music by hitting them together. So maybe he is going to be the next American Idol!! I was singing Happy Birthday to Silas. He got a big smile on his face like he knew what I was singing. Then everyone started to sing Happy Birthday. He looked at us like we where crazy.Thanks for sharing your gift. Love, Ms.Sylvia.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Silas! It looks like he had a great time. And way to go on the cake - I think it looks fabulous! You might just have a career ahead of you.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Silas! Though you loved your presents, I think your parents got the best present - you! =)

Jeff said...

What, no new Ariel panties for your birthday? Happy Birthday, Silas!

Unknown said...

We were in your travel group for a couple of days. So happy to see that Silas is doing well. We just love his cute face! Hope all is well while you are at work and away from Silas. Ruby is still adjusting to the fact that I'm back part time. Sometimes it is hard for her to understand that most women work here in the states. She wants to be with me all the time - at least we know she has bonded :) In the end, I am leaving my current job in a month because sometimes I'm gone for extended travel times. Happy BD!