Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom to the Rescue

What do you do when your three year old throws up as soon as she gets to preschool, the school has called your house twice about your five year old coughing and needing medication, your 2 year old has been screaming for an hour and needs your undivided attention and your husband is out of town? CALL YOUR MOM! This is how my morning started out and by 11:00 I was loosing it. I called mom because that was the only solution at the time and bless her, she left school and came to the rescue! Together, we were able to make it through the day. Caroline has a little stomach bug and ran a fever most of the day. I feel terrible I made her go to school. I thought she wanted to stay home because I had been gone all day yesterday and Jason is gone. Silas had a really rough day (which I was expecting due to yesterday) but combined with one really sick little girl and another one with coughing/breathing problems I just could not handle it. Anyway, we made it through and are praying tomorrow is better.

On a better note, I'm going to have a new nephew tomorrow! Tyler Wade is scheduled to arrive at 10:30 am tomorrow morning. He is apparently HUGE and a c-section was a must due to possible complications with his delivery. You can see my sisters blog here.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, what a day! I'm so glad your mom is so close and can help. I'd have never survived all that! I pray that everyone will be well soon.

Danielle said...

I'm glad you lived to tell about it! Thank goodness for our mothers. I don't know how single mothers do it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to help :( Mom's are the best though and are definitely the on you want when you feel like everything else is falling apart. Hang in there, and I hope everyone is able to enjoy the weekend!
Love,
Brooke