I love September. It always seems like a fresh start with school starting and all the new activities. Towards the end of the month is usually starts to cool off a little making it more fun to be outside! Our September has started with a bang. Life with three little ones is keeping me hopping.
Last week the girls started ballet again and were excited to be dancing. They have lessons on Tuesday afternoons. Silas did great for the first hour but then started to loose it during the second hour at dance. Unfortunately the girls can't take dance at the same time so we are there for two hours. Hopefully as we continue to go each week he'll get more comfortable and mommy will know to space out the snacks more! Wednesday Madelyn started Suzuki piano lessons. She had her first private lesson. She was so so excited and has practiced every day but Saturday when I was at work. Thursday she had her first group lesson and enjoyed that as well.
I also took Silas to the doctor for his two year check-up on Thursday. He has already gained about 2 pounds and has grown 2 inches! Wow! Even though he tested negative for giardia he is symptomatic so our ped thankfully is treating him for the parasite. He takes his medicine like a champ! Thursday night Caroline had a preschool parent meeting and then on Friday she got to go meet her teachers! Friday we had our Life Group over and then Saturday I worked. Whew!
Today, Jason left for his first week of his three week training for his new job. I have really been dreading these few weeks, but now that they are here God has equipped me with peace. I know He will give me everything I need to make it through each day. Today went well. The kids were good and we only had one episode where Silas was eating some soap, but other than that things went smoothly! Please pray the rest of the week goes as well.
This week will bring more firsts. Caroline starts preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays and cannot wait. She has been waking up VERY early every morning wondering if it is her first day of school! It will be great for her to have her own special thing. Silas also goes back to Cincinnati Children's on Wednesday. We have a full day of appointments and I will post on those later this week. Oh - last week Silas also started therapy. He started speech therapy and a therapy called developmental intervention that basically helps him with social skills. Both therapists come to our house which is great.
Life is busy now and I cannot even imagine what it will be like when they are all teenagers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Teenagers? Bite your tongue! I'm having enough trouble-er, challenges with toddlerhood! ;) Only one incident of eating soap? You sound much more calm than I! I hope Silas feels gets over this parasite soon!
Cara,
You're too funny! It will be hard in the beginning to find things to do-because I'm NOT cleaning for the 3 hours she's gone.
I'm like you too I like September -minus school starting though- I like cooler weather!
Call me if you need anything this week. I feel bad for you guys with Jason being away.
Tracey
Post a Comment