I've been cooking and baking lately. I really enjoy cooking and now that I'm up really early every morning thanks to my new alarm clock (Silas) I have a little more time. I hope you enjoy some of these recipes! Several are from a website my
sister told me about called
Annie's Eats. I'll attempt to link the recipes.
Reese's Cup Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake from Annie's Eats

I made this to take to our Life Group get together this week. I loved it! It is anything but healthy, but it was really good. It is too funny, I just looked at my sister's blog and she has the same picture up! She made the cake today, great minds think alike.

The girls love to help me in the kitchen. Madelyn is really good at cracking eggs!

I loved this one of Caroline - it's totally her personality.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
I found this recipe linked from a different blog. They were also really good! I made them yesterday morning and they are gone. I substituted soy milk and special dairy free chocolate chips so they'd be
CJ safe and she wolfed them down. Guess who else liked them?

Silas with his first chocolate mouth!
Last night for dinner I made
this salmon. Jason, Silas and I all really liked it. The girls have not eaten much fish, but I'm going to start to try to incorporate it into our diet more. It is very healthy. We had
couscous and stir fried broccoli with it. It was a different and yummy meal!
4 comments:
I love Caroline and Silas' big cheesy smiles!!! And yes, great minds think alike.
I gained 5 pounds just looking at that cake! Holy cow that thing looks deeelish! :)
thanks for the link to Annie's Eats-never heard of it before..that salmon looks so yums! I think I'll try it this week-my kids all love fish and my hubby and my dad LOVE cilantro. :)
Cara & Jason, not so very long ago I took my 5 year old girl to kindergarten. Saying goodbye that day was one of the toughest for me. I stood outside the door and cried...it wasn't any easier when I did the same to her older brother. However, it is a "right of passage" that you would not have any other way. Madeline will love school and you will make many more memories...like one of mine when I met the school bus outside each day and caught Becky as she ran to me for a whirl. Blessings.
Thanks for those recipes and introducing me to a new blog! I've already been on her site and I think I'll really enjoy reading it.
Phew, Mrs. Baker had me in tears thinking about the first day of kindergarden! I thought about my first day of school, but more of what it will be like when Colin starts school (or his Dad's Day Out program in a couple of weeks).
Post a Comment