Monday, June 30, 2008

Chicken Anyone?

So for all of you who are wondering about the food, let me share my first interesting eating experience with you. After a long day yesterday, another father and I went with our guide to find food for our families. The first place we went was a dumpling restaurant. Sounds good right? It would have been fine because this is one of the foods we all enjoy in China. However at this particular restaurant, they made the dumplings in front of you and you had to pick what you wanted inside. Easy right? Except the fact that there were about 60 different meats and what I assumed were vegetables and had no clue what any of them were. When we asked our guide about what we thought was pork, she looked in her dictionary and told us it was "elbow". Needless to say we couldn't make this work. Stop #2 was a restaurant called "dicos" and was supposed to be similar to KFC. We ordered what we thought was fried chicken breast and fried chicken sandwiches. Upon receiving our food it turns out we did get fried chicken sandwiches although very spicy and something else was included in the batter. The fried chicken breast turned out to be a whole wing, yes bones and all, deep fried! Thank God for french fries!!

Jason

4 comments:

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Oh yuk! Maybe I should move to China to lose weight! I hope you guys find food fast even if it's just rice.
Tracey

Alyssa said...

Oh gosh...me and my meat issues would really not be a good match there. Hopefully the food will get better!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!!!! Yes....thank God for ever-popular, and ever-reliable, fried potato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Len

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! We are having so much
fun traveling with you on your big
adventure of a lifetime!!
We are praying for you to get some
rest! We know you'll be so glad to
be in your own home around your
sweet family!
See you in August...can't wait...
Love, Glenda and Don