Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last Post Before China!

Well, it's here! The night before we leave. I am full of mixed emotions. Tears are streaming as I write this because we just left the girls at my parents. For the most part, I remained strong while I was telling them goodbye - I didn't want them to see me really upset and for them to think they should be sad to. I somewhat held it together until we walked out the door. They were very excited, so that did make it a little easier.

I also had to call my doctor this week. Yesterday I noticed a swollen lymph node and was having lots of neck/shoulder pain. They put me on an antibiotic yesterday just in case. Today I realized it was mainly muscle pain and it moved to my back. Luckily my doctor called me in some muscle relaxers to take along. Please pray that the lymph swelling will resolve and that my tension/muscle pain will too. I have a bad habit of thinking the worst in these situations, pray I can give it to God and not think another thing about it!

Lastly, I am excited to get on our way! Nervous excited, but ready to go! I'm going to finish up the last of my packing and then hopefully will get to bed. I have some Ambien for the trip and think I will take one tonight, just so I can rest my body & mind.

Prayer requests: Our girls - for their safety, health and that they will have a great 2 weeks! Me - for my muscle pain, swollen lymph node and stress. Jason & I - our health, safety as we travel. Silas - that God will prepare him for us and that he will attach and bond to us.

Signing off until China!

6 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm praying for you all. Everything you are experiencing is so normal so try not to stess about it. Just know that it's all part of it. You will do great! For me, once I got on the very first plane it was a huge relief. I hope it will be the same for you.

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

We wish you a great and happy trip to your son Silas. We hope a pleasant meeting and then a lots of hugs for Silas!!
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me. We will follow you on this blog and in our pray.
God bless you!

Manny greetings from Holland
Marco and Marjolijn with 5 kids, the youngest in Datong.
(We hope travel soon)

John and Tara Dunn said...

We are praying for you and can't wait to read your updates!

John and Tara

Anonymous said...

Cara and Jason -

I am thinking of you often and will pray that all goes well. I love you and your family so much and hope that everything goes perfectly. Cara - tears came to my eyes as I read about you telling the girls goodbye. I cry when I leave Sidney overnight, so I can only imagine how hard it was. Theya re such little troopers though, and there excitement to see you when you return with their baby brother will be overwhelming. I hope the flight is going ok right now!!
Love,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read about your departure. I have been praying for you all, but I didn't want to call and bother you right before you left. Thanks for writing. We are keeping you all in our prayers. I am so excited for your family... and our life group!

Danielle said...

Hey guys! I'm hoping you are there by now. You're one step closer to your big day meeting Silas. I thought about you guys for 2 days prior to your trip but didn't get to write to wish you a safe and fun trip. I'll continue to keep you in all in my prayers. You thought the tears flowed when you left the girls, wait until you get back and get to see them and they get to see you and their new brother! I hope someone has the video camera rolling!!