HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADELYN!! We love you and miss you so much! We loved seeing you and Caroline on Skype this morning and is sounds like you have a great day planned for your birthday!
May he grant your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans. May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory, flying banners to honor our God. May the Lord answer all of your prayers. Psalm 20:3-5
Sorry for the late post about our day yesterday. It was a very long day. I woke up at 3:00 am and could not go back to sleep. I'm having a really hard time adjusting to the time change! We had breakfast at our hotel and then left at 10:30 am to head to Tiayuan. We got here around 3:30 and went to the civil affairs office to fill out some paperwork. Then we finally made it to the hotel around 5:30 or 6:00. During all of these hours, we had 1 potty break and no food. Needless to say, we were exhausted, needed to potty and were starving!
Our guide for Datong/Tiayuan is not good. I hate to complain, but her English is very lacking and she is not helpful. She does not help us find food and does not understand if we ask for help. Our travel partner called and expressed concern, so hopefully things will be better today. I'm not trying to make it sound like we are not having a good trip, yesterday was just long and hard!
Silas is doing very well. He was great yesterday morning. He woke up happy and ready to play. We got our first giggles and laughs which were so cute! After we left the hotel yesterday he totally shut down. The entire bus ride he sat on my lap and did not move or make a sound. Everything is so overwhelming for him! He did nap on the bus and took his bottle. He is such a good baby. Once we got into our room last night his little personality came back out. He loves to play with his toys and likes to bang them!
Bedtime was a little rough. He did NOT want to sleep in his crib which was fine. I was scared to use it anyway it is so old and creaky. He finally went to sleep beside me. This morning he woke up sobbing. He was so sad he was still with us! Poor baby. He cried anytime I moved more than an inch away from him. Quickly he became more comfortable and now that we are back from breakfast (he eats a ton by the way!) he is happily playing on the floor with his toys. He is the sweetest boy.
Today we are officially adopting him and will have many pictures later. I'll do my best to post them tonight if I can keep my eyes open. Prayer requests: Sleep! I am so tired and have trouble sleeping past 3 am. Please pray for rest. Silas' continued transition - he is doing really well so please continue to pray.
Tidbits about Silas:
He loves to eat. So far he has eaten everything we have given him!
He likes to bang toys and make loud noises with his toys.
He likes to organize and clean his things - Jason is hoping this continues! : )
He likes to cuddle and be held.
Blogger is not letting me upload my pictures, so I'll keep trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hey there -
I can't believe that it's been five years since Madelyn was born. My how time flies, and then on Wednesday it will be a year since Sidney was born! As you said last year when Sidney came along, it is very special to share these "dates" with you all, and I know that Sidney's birthday will never come where I don't think about both Madelyn's birthday AND Silas's adoption! I love you guys and am continuing to think about you lots!
-Brooke
You are doing wonderful job with Silas. Sounds like it is coming so naturally. I know it is hard to see him sad but he will learn to love and trust you all more each day. Sounds like he is really getting comfortable with you! I hope you get lots of sleep. I wish it were coming easier. We'll have lots of fun celebrating with Madelyn!
Cara and Jason,
Congratulations! I am so happy for the FIVE of you! You have been so faithful to God and He will continue to bless you abundantly because of it. Hang in there - we are praying for sleep, for peace, and for God to weave your lives together perfectly. You are the perfect parents for Silas - an equal gift for the gift you've been given. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with all of us - I can't wait until we meet your son in person!
Tiffaney
Cara and Jason,
As soon as I got home from work tonight, I rushed to the computer to read your blog (having not known it existed until work tonight)! The tears have just flowed freely as I've read your entire blog in one sitting. God has blessed you and Silas in such a mighty and powerful way, and it has touched my heart so much to share in just a tiny way the amazing journey He has bestowed upon you. We have the Gotcha Day blog printed out and floating around the pharmacy, and we are just amazed and ecstatic! If you ever get the chance, check out the "Bringing Home Baby Ian" blog on blogspot. This is a friend of mine from home, and I've been following them for a year or so now. Perhaps I'm feeling a little bit of an adoption tug? God will surely work in the way He wants us to go...
Jason and Cara,
We are so happy for your family and are certainly enjoying hearing all about your adoption. I can only imagine all of the joy you are feeling. I am sure you are also increadibly exhausted. Just keep remembering how many people are lifting you up in prayer. :) You have certainly been blessed with a precious gift. I look forward to meeting Silas.
Sara
Happy Birthday Madelyn! What a perfect gift! I know she will love her little brother and he will love her too! Sounds like he is adjusting so well -- who wouldn't latch on to you and Jason? Keep trying to get some rest and stay strong and healthy!
We are praying for a better night tonight and for continued bonding. Silas and Austin will get along so well playing cars. I love reading your posts so much, but it is making me want you all home with Silas right now!
Mommy and Daddy,
I love you mommy and I love you daddy. And I love you Silas. I like my new panties. I have on the Ariel ones. I have a new Polly for my birthday from Terry. I will let you know about the rest of my presents later when I open them. I love you. Madelyn
Post a Comment