Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 1 & 2

We slept well last night but not for very long! We were both up at 5:00 even though we are so tired. I took a long shower and Jason went to the exercise room to work out - I think he's crazy! We left our house around 8:45 yesterday morning. We each brought one suitcase and a backpack. I also brought a little bag that we can use as a diaper bag once we get Silas. We also brought over a suitcase for the Hope Healing Home. They met us at the airport and picked it up. It is an orphanage for special needs kids.

Our flights went well. It seemed like they were always feeding us or bringing snacks. I watched 3 movies and Jason watched 4! We hardly slept at all. Here is us right after getting to Beijing. We met our group and rode the bus to our hotel.

"Welcome to Beijing" sign outside the airport.
Our lunch/dinner on the plane. Madelyn really wanted to see what airplane food looked like. She also wanted to see the seats - I'll get a picture of those tomorrow sweetie!

Our hotel room is really nice - this is the bathtub which I plan on using this afternoon after we finish our touring!
Office and closet area.
The shower and toilet. I actually had to look for the toilet last night and could not find it! The shower is behind on of the doors and the toilet behind the other. : )

Please pray for us today! We have a full day of touring and we are both very tired. I'm a little nauseous from all the traveling yesterday so pray for lots of energy and health so we can enjoy our day! Remember Silas - he only has 2 more nights in his orphanage. Thank you all SOOO much for your comments. They really mean so much to us! We'll post more tonight (your tomorrow morning) after our day of touring.

*Madelyn & Caroline - we miss you bunches and know you are having a great time with Gammy & Gampa. Lots of hugs and kisses! We love you. Mommy & Daddy

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

It was great to see/talk to you on Skype! Technology is amazing. The hotel room looks NICE! Hope touring goes well and rest when you can! love alyssa

-Matt said...

We're glad that you made it safely! We are already enjoying reading your posts!

Matt & Emily

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Wow- I want to stay in that hotel and I love the tub! I hope you both enjoy touring around. 2 more days!!!

Tracey

Anonymous said...

I hope you all are having fun touring, and that Cara is feeling better. We enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading. Thanks for keeping us posted. I can't wait until you can post pictures of you AND Silas! We are praying for your entire family.