Happy New Year! I love a new start, a new beginning. We stayed home last night (as usual) and had some friends over for take out Chinese. We were in bed by 10:30 though! New Year's is not all that special to us except for Jason did propose to me on New Year's Eve eleven years ago!
I have a few goals for the new year. Not resolutions necessarily, but just personal goals. One is to memorize more scripture. I had thought about doing this and then saw this on Beth Moore's blog. I've joined along and hope to make it a family goal for Jason, myself and the girls. As Silas talks more, we can do simple phrases for him. Our first verse is, "May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14 (NLT)
Another goal is to play with my kids more. I don't take enough time to just sit down and play. In fact, I'm really bad about this. I'm also going to get back on the Fly Lady bandwagon. I did so well about two years ago when I followed her ideas and our home was more organized and I felt more in control of life. I'm going to start today!
And lastly, I will continue to menu plan! Here is our menu for this week:
Thursday - Crockpot Tortilla Soup, guacamole, tortilla chips
Friday - Date Night - I'm super excited!
Saturday - Spicy Pork Roast with taco fixin's, fruit salad, corn, homemade chocolate chip cookies
Sunday - Bourbon BBQ Chicken (Rachael Ray recipe), green beans
Monday - Leftover night
Tuesday - Tomato soup and sandwiches
Wednesday - Eggs, bacon, Banana crumb muffins, Chocolate Cherry muffins, bacon, applesauce
Thursday - Spaghetti, salad, breadsticks
Friday - BBQ Pork chops, egg noodles, peas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like Saturday-- homemade chocolate chip cookies! That's my kind of menu... what time is dinner?
Hmmm, maybe I should resolve to copy your menu plans 'cause I can't seem to get myself to do one...and am left staring in the fridge after work. =p I did use my new Smart Pot & made my first pork roast tonight! (I feel like Betty Crocker!) Thanks for inspiring me...to try at least. :)
Let me know how the cookies turn out! I've been wanting to try that recipe too! HOpe date night was fun! Where did you eat and what movie did you see?
Cara -
I hope you are able to meet your goal of learning more Scriptire. Both of my grandmothers were able to quote immeasurable amounts of passages and it has always inspired me, although I can't seem to get in the groove of actually memorizing any...my memory doesn't seem to work as well as theirs. Both quoted Scripture near the times of their deaths, and while that may seem morbid, it has always been an inspiration to me!! Sorry I didn't get to see you when you were up this way last week :(
Love,
Brooke
Post a Comment