Monday, December 29, 2008

Six Months with Silas

Wow, I cannot believe it has been six months since we met our precious boy! In some ways it seems as though he has always been here and in others I can't believe six months have already passed! Our first meeting on June 29, 2008. We actually go to go to his orphanage to pick him up. He was scared, sad and very shut down. Later than night in our hotel room in Datong. Look how tiny he is!

Our little man today! He is happy (most of the time), full of energy (all of the time) and such a blessing to our family! He has gained 7 lbs and grown over 2 inches. He wore 12 month clothing when we brought him home and is now getting into 2T! He has challenged us, changed us and I look forward to watching him grow and mature over this next year. We love you so much Silas!

3 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

Happy 6 months! I used a swing picture too when I was showing how much Nick had changed in the early days. So amazing and such a miracle! Before you know it, you will be saying a year....it goes by so fast. Enjoy every minute!:)

ashleighsanzone@verizon.net said...

it is hard to believe it has been 6 months for our group, isn't it? remember the sweat pouring off of us at the botanical gardens? those were the days...

happy 6 months will the silas boy!

jeanette said...

Happy 6 months!!! time goes by so fast doesn't it?!