Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day #1

These pictures a from a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to post them. Both of the girls take ballet and these are from their observation day when I got to go in and watch.



Today was our first snow day! Madelyn woke up and was wondered why I had not gotten her up for school. Then she said she looked outside and saw the snow. We only have about an inch or two, but here we always get a nice layer of ice too which makes driving crazy. Also, we don't get snow very often so people (me included) do not know how to drive in it!

I did venture out to get my hair cut and tonight have a Christmas party to attend, but other than that we have had a nice quiet day. The girls are watching "Sleeping Beauty" and I worked on Christmas cards and made several phone calls. Silas is being his usual silly self, getting into everything.

We are pretty much ready for Christmas. I've just got a couple small things left to buy and also a few stocking stuffers. All the presents I have except for the kids are wrapped and we have made hot chocolate mix, homemade marshmallows and peppermint stirrers for teachers and neighbors. Recipes to come! We're going to do more baking this weekend! I've still got to get the cards in the mail, but I'm not in a huge rush. If they get delivered after Christmas it will be okay. I am not going to stress over that. Are you all ready?

One last random item... Here is our menu for this week:
Tuesday - kids favorite popcorn chicken, fruit
Wednesday - Chicken Noodle Soup, corn muffins
Thursday - Pork chops, egg noodles, green beans
Friday - Spaghetti Casserole, salad, bread (taking dinner to a friend)
Saturday - Leftover buffet
Sunday - Breakfast for dinner - pancakes, eggs, fruit, bacon
Monday - Kid food night (I'm working late)
Tuesday - Sweet and Tangy Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, peas
Wednesday - Appetizer Buffet - our Christmas Eve tradition. Meatballs, dried beef cheeseball and crackers, fruit and chocolate fondue, veggies and dip, chicken tenders, mexican dip and chips, Christmas cookies

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Love Madeline's serious face! She must get into full character.