Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanks!

Thank you all so much for your comments. This is a tough decision. I truly want what is best for Silas. I also know I do not want him in all day daycare. I'm also not really sure a mother's day out program would provide what he needs. A mom's day out would not provide any of his therapies and I would have to find just the right program for his personality & needs. I did take the step to look up the daycare on-line today. I might even call tomorrow just to get more information so I feel like I am making the best decision I can.

I guess right now, my gut is saying keep him home. He has progressed so much in these last five months with me. We still have issues, but he has come so far. My plan all along was to send him somewhere for preschool next fall when he turns three. Probably the Early Start program for our county. It is just for special needs kids and he will receive therapy and anything he needs for free. I'm going to keep praying, but as of now I'm not feeling God telling me to do anything different. That might change tomorrow though! : )

3 comments:

jeanette said...

I was thinking last night and all day today -I wonder if the day care has something where he could go just 1 or 2 days a week, for 2-3 hours? that way he could start getting the therapy,but he's really not in full-time day care. just a thought.

I'm glad you feel the Lord leading you to keep him home though. I noticed Elizabeth's biggest strides have come in these last 6 months...even in the last 6-8 weeks her language has gotten so much better. :) I bet you see the same with Silas!

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

I know you will make the best decision for Silas. I think sending him to an Early Start program is a great idea because he will get therapy for 2 years before he goes to school. My nephew goes to a program like Early start for speech issues he has and I'm sure the therapy will continue even after he goes to school in the fall.

kitzkazventure said...

I didn't get to respond to your last post but I think you know what is best. We started Nick right away but he was older. Now, we have the Kindegarten debate....seems there are always choices that we have to make at each stage but I think the best answers come with our Mom's intuition and the Holy Spirit's leading. I think you have plenty of time. By the way, we are doing the early start speech but still have hime at LE....we Love, Love his speech teacher at the elementary school. Nick had huge jumps in development over the summer especially since school started so Silas could jump in huge increments at any time! If you are talking about CH daycare, I have heard good things but we too didn't want Nick in school everyday after he got home. I feel bonding and attachment were more important at that stage....now I am ready to kick him out of the nest! LOL! :)