Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Caroline!

Today my baby girl is 4! I can not believe how quickly she has grown. She is such a joy and we are so blessed that Caroline is our daughter. She had a princess party and all her little friends came dressed as princess. Complete with an Ariel cake, princess decorations and balloons, the party was a success! Caroline got her first bike today. It is our traditional 4 year old gift. Madelyn also got her first bike at 4. She loved it! Unfortunately it is pouring rain and cold today so she tried it out in the family room, of course dressed in princess atire.
We had the kids decorate a wooden letter. Caroline decorated a "C" etc. We had glitter glue, jewels, sparkly stars and marker. They all seemed to enjoy the craft.
Musical chairs was a flop, they were not quite old enough to understand the game! We did a treasure hunt though and they loved it! I read 4 different clues and they had to find the part of the house I was describing. At each location was a little favor for their goody bags.
Homemade Ariel cake. I'll post directions later. Jason took pictures of each step last night while I was making it in case anyone is interested in trying your own.
Caroline so happy! She has no problem being the center of attention!
The party crew.

Happy Birthday baby girl! We love you so much and look forward to celebrating many, many more birthday's with you.


1 comment:

tara said...

Sounds like fun! I use to have doll cakes with the skirts like that when I was a little girl! If you have any birthday party tips, let me know. Will's birthday is in February.