This is my scrapbook of our life. It's a look into the balancing act of raising a family, taking it one day at a time.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ice Ice Baby
The ice storm continued all day yesterday and into the night. Thankfully the temperature hovered right around 32 degrees so it was a cold rain and then froze. Now it is snowing harder than I have ever seen! I think it looks like a blizzard outside! We're expecting snow for several hours and then it will just be cold. Thank you Lord that we still have power!! Back in 2003 when we had an ice storm we lost power for a whole week. Several areas in our city and state are without power but thankfully we still have ours. It flashed several times last night, but so far, so good. We've lost a few limbs. Our holly tree lost the top foot or so and our magnolia has lost several large limbs. : ( Our dogwood has lost one limb the entire tree is really hanging to the ground. Here are some pictures from this morning. I'm sure I'll have some more this afternoon once all the snow hits. We probably have at least an inch and it's only been snowing for 30 minutes.
2 comments:
oh goodness! I just can't believe that! I think that much snow would be fun for a bit, but then it'd get kinda old. :)
I'm so impressed with your photography skills! You're a quick study.
Post a Comment