Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Storm

It's a cold, icy day today. Schools are closed for the second day in a row and we are just hanging out and relaxing! Yesterday we had about 1/4" of snow, I'm really not sure why schools were closed...today we've got lots of ice. At least we still have power!


Otherwise things here have been well. I've been researching preschools for Silas for next year and we have decided to send him to a preschool specializing in speech and hearing. I think it will be the perfect place for him! He'll go every morning for three hours and it is totally speech based. He'll be pulled out 3-4 times a week for individualized speech therapy.

Silas still loves to eat! He has lots of favorites, but at the top of the list is mashed potatoes!
Last night we also celebrated Chinese New Year. I totally forgot to take pictures! All the kids wore their traditional Chinese outfits and I made a couple Chinese dishes, Mongolian beef and Sesame Chicken along with rice and store bought egg rolls. It was really yummy.

Last weekend my sister turned 30. Her hubby and I planned a surprise party for her and it was lots of fun. She also is having a slight "mid-life" crisis. You can see what she did here. Here are some pics from the party.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I am NOT having a midlife crisis! I laughed out loud when I read that! I don't know how to explain it. I just wanted to get one!! I thought about it for a whole month before doing so. Anyway! Loved you idea of chinese new year celebration with their traditional outfits! So cool!