Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Final Preparations

We leave in a couple of days for Silas' second surgery!  He is nervous, but who can blame him?  He is excited, but is also telling me that it is going to hurt.  I know this is the right decision for him, but it is still hard.  He had a rough night last night and a rough start to the day.  Thankfully he allowed me to comfort him and was pretty well recovered before he left for school.

I'm done Christmas shopping and everything is wrapped!  We are taking a few surprises along for the kids.  Christmas will be spread out over several weeks this year!  I've not started packing yet - for some reason I keep putting it off... Today is Jason's last day of work in 2010.  He took off tomorrow so it will be nice to have him home to help with all the last minute things.

We enjoyed two Thanksgivings this year.  The Sunday before we had my family over for Thanksgiving.  It was nice to be together and share a yummy meal!  Last week we went to Brown County, Indiana with Jason's family.  It was good to see his sisters and the kids had a blast playing with their cousins!

Now I need to check my list and keep working!  Still to do:
- buy Silas' teacher's gift cards (ok - so maybe not all the way done shopping...)
- buy Advent calendar to take for kids
- buy Sadie food and pack her things
- pick up house
- plan CJ's birthday party (it's right after Christmas in January - thinking of having it at a place away from home this year to make things easier...)
- make cookies to take
- make chex mix to take
- find lost library book (or pay $18.00)
- do laundry
- PACK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was SOOOO good to talk to you last night :) I'm sorry Silas had a rough morning, but you ARE doing the right thing - you are a wonderful mommy!! I will be thinking of you all and praying everything goes well. I love you all!!

-Brooke

Danielle said...

I can't believe it's time for you all to leave already! It seems like just yesterday you were leaving for surgery #1. Like Brooke said, you are doing the right thing and he will thank you for it later. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

jeanette said...

praying for your trip and Silas' surgery. I know I still need to email you about the surgeries...but will wait for awhile so you're not overwhelmed. :) E's ear surgeries are still 1- 2yrs off anyway..so no rush.

praying you get everything on your to-do list done!!

Sara Beth Stout said...

I'm so excited for Silas! I know he will be so happy with his new ear even if it does cause a little pain. Is there anything the Stouts can do while you are gone like keep Sadie or anything? Just let me know. Give the kids big hugs for me and I hope to see all of you soon! Merry Christmas if I don't see y'all before then!