Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Week

 Madelyn played in a piano recital on Sunday.  She did great!  It was a Tokubetsu recital - it means excellence.  All the kids played a piece they have been playing for a long time and had performed before.  They did great!  They all got a rose after their performances.
 Silas and the girls were playing and being silly one afternoon.  This was Silas' bed the girls made and he was supposed to be asleep!  The girls left a surprise for me in the stockings below - all of their dolls!  We have put up our tree and a few decorations early this year since Silas has his big surgery coming up soon!  We never decorate until after Thanksgiving, but I have enjoyed having the tree up early this year.

 The girls had their Thanksgiving lunch at school last week.  I had the honor of dining with the Indian Golden Horse!  She was so excited even though she wasn't able to eat the lunch because of her milk allergy.  Today she told me all she wanted for her birthday was no food allergies. : (  Poor baby!  It's getting harder as she gets older.
Golden Horse with her Thanksgiving place mat.  She was thankful for her mom and dad! 

I am thankful for so many things this year!  I'll limit it to my top ten.
1.  My Lord
2.  My wonderful, patient, hardworking, handsome husband
3.  My three precious kids
4.  Family and friends who have supported us through so much this year
5.  Wonderful teachers for all of my kids
6.  A cozy, warm house full of laughter
7.  Jason's new found love for cooking
8.  Our trip to CA this summer and I am looking forward to our next trip!
9.  Good health insurance
10. Silas' new ear!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Caroline's wish breaks my heart! Hopefully she'll continue to grow out of them.

I love #7! I'm still waiting for Wes to develop a love for cooking and not just eating (: Minor detail.