Here is the menu for this week! Fall has finally arrived and I'm excited to make some of our fall and winter favorites!
Wednesday - Chicken and vegetable soup, corn muffins
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - BBQ pork chops and onions, brown rice, green beans
Saturday - Chili! I love chili and always make it when cool fall weather arrives!
Sunday - Chili dogs
Monday - Chili (do you see a pattern here?) My recipe makes a ton and we like to eat on it for a few days. It also gets better after the first day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
we love chili here too...but am still waiting on that Fall weather to make it! I just flew with a gal who gave me a recipe for dough to make leftover chili into "navajo tacos". yum-o! bring on that Fall weather!!!
Question for you - does Silas eat everything the rest of you do? I've got a great-looking recipe for cranberry/apricot stuffed porkchops, but it doesn't exactly sound like something for a toddler. I guess I'm still learning what they can/can't-will/won't eat. We live on a lot of chicken here. :) Do you have to make substitutions or does everyone eat the same thing? I tried Crockpot 365's Applesauce Chicken the other night - it was alright, but would've been better had I not used the home made Applesauce.
Hey Jill! Silas does eat what we do - he is the least picky of all my kids. He is a GREAT eater! I try to pick meals I think everyone will like, but sometimes they will only eat part of it. I refuse to make a separate meal for every person. For example, with the chili - The girls probably will not eat much chili, but I serve it over spaghetti so they will eat that. With your pork chops, she might not eat the stuffing, but might eat the meat. Just cut things up small and she should be able to eat whatever you are. Start this young!
Also, with Madelyn we used to call every meat chicken and she would eat it. She loved chicken but if we called it pork or roast or something she would tell us she didn't like it. Having the universal term of chicken for every meat worked for us! :)
Dips also are great. Madelyn will eat almost anything in ranch and Caroline the same for ketchup or BBQ sauce!
Thanks! And LOL a the "universal chicken." Mallory's not always thrilled with chicken; it all depends on the night. I give her the same thing mostly. I just need to cook more of a variety. I'm hoping for the SmartPot for Christmas. :)
Post a Comment