Sunday, October 12, 2008

BBQ

This morning I put BBQ in the crockpot and our house is smelling great right now! This is another super easy recipe and it has great leftovers.

1 chuck roast
2 small onions, chopped
1 can of coke (or diet coke, Pepsi...)
1/3 c. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tb. apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. beef bouillon granules (I leave these out due to the dairy allergy and it's still fine)
3/4 tsp dry mustard
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp red pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tb butter (I leave this out)
1 c. ketchup

Place roast & onions in crockpot. Combine all other ingredients except for butter and ketchup. Cover and chill 1 c. of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over roast. Cook on high for 6 hours our low for 9 hours. Remove roast and shred with two forks. Heat reserved sauce, butter and ketchup and pour over meat. Serve on buns.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I just made this for dinner on Thursday! Yummy!