Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tuesday - American Doll!!

Tuesday was a much anticipated day in our house! The girls have been looking forward to visiting the AG doll store for months. We had an 11:00 reservation for lunch and it worked out great. The store was so adorable. Everything was displayed nicely and the girls loved walking through (several times!) just taking it all in. My parents had given them each money to buy a new doll and Jason and I gave them each a smaller amount to spend. We told them their limit before they shopped, otherwise we could have spent thousands!

The store is located in a very nice outdoor shopping area called The Grove in Beverly Hills. It was so pretty. I am hoping we can go back again and eat somewhere outside. Here, they have valet parking in parking garages! The parking garage had a red carpet and curtains hanging! All Beverly Hills parking garages are like this - super fancy and nice. Also super expensive to park! Even the one at the doctor's office has valet and the do not give you free parking.

Anyway, back to AG. Lunch was great. They brought CJ a dairy free menu with lots of choices, the service was good, food yummy and it was incredibly cute inside the cafe. Madelyn's b-day is coming up and they even celebrated by singing to her! It was her dream to celebrate her b-day there, when they brought dessert they asked if anyone was having a birthday. I told them not that day but in a couple weeks and they gave her a candle and sang. She was happy.

After lunch we told the girls they could look/shop as long as they wanted. We looked and looked and looked! They found the dolls they wanted and then debated long and hard about what to spend the rest of their money on. The ended up choosing to get their dolls ears pierced. Caroline also choose a hospital kit (she has been eying this in the catalog for months). Madelyn choose Lanie's accessory kit. We also got the girls t-shirts. They are finished with souvenir shopping for the trip!

It was a fun day and Silas enjoyed himself too. Thankfully he is only 3 and didn't mind being surround by a sea of pink and dolls all day. He enjoyed seeing all of the dolls and had fun looking at everything. He was the only little boy in the cafe though!
A fountain at The Grove

Caroline and Emma - the dolls have chairs and dishes!
Excitement!

The dolls enjoying fruit
Silas having fun
Birthday girl (almost)
All the look alike dolls - you picked the number you wanted and a sales person got the doll for you
Madelyn with Lanie
Silas - the doll holder
the book area - I LOVE the books!
Lanie and Ashley (what Caroline is currently calling her doll!)
Tired after a fun day

4 comments:

Jason and Becky said...

That looks so fun! I am glad the girls got to do that! They deserve it. They're so sweet. I can't wait to see their new dolls.

Emily said...

How fun! I'm glad that they had a good time.

Anonymous said...

These pictures all brought the biggest smile to my face!! I don't know why, but every single one of all three kids just showed pure joy, and when you have kids, that's just the best feeling :)

Love you guys - Brooke

Danielle said...

So much fun! I had a lot of trouble deciding on an outfit for Kiara when I went to the one in Chicago, so I can completely understand the girls' indecisiveness.