
Silas and I at 6:15 am outside of the surgery center. He has on his Buzz Light Year scrubs that his Aunt Kara made him!

He had to change in to the hospital PJ's. Getting his vitals taken.

In good spirits with Daddy!

The nurse was great! She brought Silas papers and crayons while he waited.

She also brought him this hat to wear for fun.

Silas and Mommy after his dose of Versed aka "happy medicine"- he was cracking us up! He was super silly and then got really tired before they took him back.

Being taken back to surgery with Elmo and Buzz. His
anesthesiologist is the one in blue scrubs (Dr. R told us one of his two favorites!). She was excellent with Silas before surgery. I teared up a little, but am more excited than anything. I feel total peace about this decision and know he is in the best hands!
The surgery nurse has called us twice since his surgery has started. Once to let us know they began the surgery and the second just to touch base and let us know that he is doing very well. Dr.
Reinisch also came out early on because there was a change in one step of his surgery. So thoughtful he came out to tell us before he did the surgery than to wait until afterwards and tell us about the change.
(scroll down for another new post below)
3 comments:
I love the scrubs! The picture of him on the stretcher made me tear up a bit too. It's all for the best though so it was partly happy tears.
Thank you for the updates. I love staying up to date with his progress.
praying it all goes well!!
What a big day for you all! I am excited as I read all about it! Praying for an easy recovery!!
Post a Comment