Thursday, October 15, 2009

Silas-isms


Here are a few things I want to remember that make Silas, Silas.
  • He currently only wants to wear jeans and gets really upset if his 3 pairs are dirty!
  • His favorite shirt has a backhoe on it. Today he told me (after picking out his jeans) "matching backhoe shirt!" He had to settle for a different shirt because the backhoe one was dirty.
  • He is beginning to be very independent and says " I do it!"
  • He is very ticklish.
  • He loves to hang upside down.
  • He loves music and singing. He will be very musical.
  • He is left handed.
  • He runs everywhere he goes. Even if it's just a a foot or two.
  • He can sleep sitting up and we have even found him in his bed asleep standing up.
  • Deep down, he wants to please.
  • I don't think he will ever be potty trained.
  • He loves riding his car down the our driveway hill.
  • He has a new friend named Jimmy from school. He kept telling us about Jimmy and we though it was an imaginary friend! Yesterday Jason actually met Jimmy!
  • He still loves to eat although his appetite has decreased.
  • He is our special little boy who we love completely!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Cara-Thanks for sharing all of the neat things that make Silas, Silas. I am drawn to the "left-handed" characteristic. We just received pictures of our son from Datong that also has Microtia/Atresia and he is eating left handed as well. Another little boy in the picture was eating left handed and his parents are also here in FL. I wonder if it is anything that is encouraged?
Stacy

www.journeytojacksonkuan.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

I can't believe you found him sleeping while standing up! That's real talent!

jeanette said...

love this post :) he is such a handsome little guy!

E is left handed too!

cracked up at thinking his friend was imaginary...but then Jason met him! too funny.

Heather said...

I do believe that my little Drew and your Silas would probably get along quite well... they both love music, love jeans and are not interested in potty training. at all.
I'm impressed with the sleeping while standing though, I've found Drew sleeping in his own lap )folded right over!) but never sitting up or standing! you need to get a picture of that!

Mama Smors said...

love this post!! it is a great idea to reflect on all the things that make our children special at this particularly challenging age!

Greg and Tammy said...

Seriously running into you guys made my whole trip to Lexington!! Your family is so darling. The girls are so gorgeous and that little Silas is too precious. I'm so glad I can blog stalk, errr... I mean follow your family. :)