Sunday, October 4, 2009

It is Fall!

Fall has arrived in the Bluegrass! I love all the seasons but am always so ready for fall and spring. After the extremes of summer and winter I love the milder temperatures and the beauty fall and spring bring. It was a perfect KY weekend. It was in the upper 60's, sunny with a nice breeze. Today we had fun going to Boyd's Orchard, where we had Silas' birthday party. They have tons of pumpkins and we also were able to pick apples. It was a great day.











I was also very productive this weekend! I did laundry, switched out all the kids summer and winter clothes, deep cleaned the family room, office and playroom, washed all the downstairs windows and made muffins and apple crisp. I'm feeling a little more organized. I know I mentioned changing jobs a couple months ago here. I really liked my new job, but unfortunately they were unable to give me a regular schedule. It was very hit or miss and we need something more stable for me. I have decided to go back to Wa**mart and start tomorrow working 3 days a week and every 3rd weekend. It will be nice to have a regular schedule, I do have to work until 9:00 half of the time, but it will be okay - at least that is what I'm telling myself. : ) It will enable us to save money since we are going to have some changes in our family in the next year or so.

7 comments:

jeanette said...

looks like y'all had such a great time..and way to go on that productivity over the weekend! holy cow you got alot done. :)

Danielle said...

We almost went this weekend too - the weather was so perfect but a nap took priority. I'm anxious to hear about these upcoming family changes(:

Your productivity was off the charts! Doesn't that make you feel great?!

Anonymous said...

You DID get a lot done! So proud!!!! :) I have no idea how we missed you at Boyd's...we were there, too! Ava had a great time, and especially loved sharing an apple dumpling with her daddy :) Your pics are adorable!

The Witbecks said...

Too cute! I love your updates! Glad you'll have the stability you need at walmart. Changes... do you have to be so vague!!!???

Jill said...

Wow, want to come help me unpack and clean a home that the former owners left filthy??? ;) Happy Birthday to Silas! And hope the job changes goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Changes? Family changes? That is all you give us? You are a tease.....!
Tracy

The Gang's Momma! said...

Are you adopting again?! I read the whole post (I am woefully behind in reading, we've been so busy!!!) and I almost missed the little tag about some changes coming. You sneaky little thing - what do you mean by that?! Do tell! :)



I know, I'm so nosy. :)