Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Kids

We made it through another week with Jason out of town. Thankfully he should be home for a while! God bless all the single parents out there. I was looking forward to today because my mom took the kids for a few hours and Jason and I were going to go to lunch and a movie. He woke up with a stomach virus though and I'm just praying the rest of us do not catch it. He's pretty miserable. I'm staying away!

This week Tara, our babysitter painted Caroline's nails. She was admiring them and told me that Aunt Kristyn also painted her nails. I was telling her that I used to paint my nails back when I had a little more free time and she said, "Mom, you just have way too many kids." I laughed and told her that no, I did not have too many kids, that I wanted and loved all of them. I just choose to spend time doing things with and for them instead of painting my nails. : )

Here are some new pictures.
Madelyn, the Diva
We have done bible study every night this week. It has been such a blessing! She looks forward to it and Caroline started joining us too. We studied the first chapter of Genesis.

Madelyn left me a note on my computer - it says De Mom, I Love You
So sweet! She also left me one in the car.
Silas aka Tuany (the girls nickname - his Chinese name was Tuan Tuan)
Silas had a pretty good week. His speech is coming along so well! His new thing is to say " "Mommy" and I reply what, then he says, "um, um, um..."

Caroline preparing to give birth to baby Ariel. She is obsessed with pregnancy and babies right now! She was stalking a pregnant woman at Wal-Mart the other day wanting to see her belly. Also notice the Hanna*h M*ontana shirt. Her other new obsession. I have no idea how she even knows who she is! Jason bought her the shirt of the clearance rack and she wants to wear it every day.
My favorite pic of her.

I'm selling some things this week in a consignment sale at Caroline's preschool. I really need to be ironing, hanging and tagging everything. I'd better get to work...

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a precious picture of Caroline! And LOL to the birthing...she must have been reading Jeanette's blog of Rebecca doing that. So cute!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

These are great! That last picture of Caroline is ADORABLE!