Lots has been going on at our house in 2011! First of all, I started a new job! I'm at our local Health Department now and am working full time. It has been a big change and I know it will take us a few months to fully adjust. I took the job because the hours are SO much better. I work during the week, have off every weekend and every holiday. Basically, I am home when my kids are home - wonderful! So far, I am enjoying the change. It is very different than my last job - much more relaxed, much older technology - I still have so much to learn there but am enjoying something new!
Silas has adjusted very well to the change. He stays at his school every day now instead of 3 days a week - I honestly think this is very good for him. He has the same routine which means security for him. He loves school and they are so good with him. The girls have adjusted pretty well too. It's sad not being here when they get home from school, but the trade off of being here on the weekends is worth it.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our last two weekends with me at home! Last weekend I took the girls to ballet, then we went to our friend Ava's 2 year old birthday party and Saturday night we had a "January Party". My nephews Wilson and Luke, and Caroline all have birthdays in the same week. We had a big family party and ordered pizza. It was fun to get together and hang out! Sunday we went to church and then had a great day hanging out at home. We hung pictures, organized, did laundry and just enjoyed all being home together.
This weekend Caroline had her first cello lesson!! She has been wanting to start cello lessons for two years and now was finally a good time for her to start. Jason and I both play the cello and I am excited for her. She looks adorable with her little cello! Pictures to come. : ) After cello, my mom took the girls to ballet and Jason and I started a parenting class at Silas' therapist office. It is a parenting class for kids who have experienced trauma. Silas' therapist is leading the class but we are watching video's from Karen Purvis, the author of "The Connected Child". There were about 5 other families in the class and the first session was great. I'm so glad Jason and I can go as a couple.
On Sunday we celebrated Caroline's 6th birthday! We had a very fun party at BounceU. She invited the girls from her class as well as our church friends and cousins. It was the most fun party, and easy for me! I just could not do a home party this year with all the changes and traveling we have done. She was so excited and it was a great day. LOTS of pictures to come!
Today we were all home for the holiday! I have been looking for several months for a new shower curtain/decor for the kids bath. The tub and sink are yellow, yes, yellow - so it is kind of hard to find something that matches. Last night at Target we found the perfect bathroom decor! This morning we redid the kids bath and it looks so cute. This afternoon we reorganized Caroline's closet. One of her b-day presents was a Closestmaid organizer. She has so much more space now and her closet is so much more functional. She can reach her clothes!
The beginning of 2011 has been a whirlwind! New job, new routine, new schedule but it has been really good. We are looking forward to what God has planned for us this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so glad CJ gets to play cello! She has been talking about that since I met her. Can't wait for pics of her party as well! I'm so glad you are able to be home on weekends now. I know the kids and Jason are excited about that as well as you are! Praying for y'all during the transition!
I'm glad you're liking your new job and it's great that you get to be home more! I love that Caroline is carrying on the cello tradition - I was hoping one of your kids would.
Happy Birthday to Caroline! I can't believe she's already 6!!
We're looking forward to seeing you guys next month for our "adult" outing. I hope you can come early to watch the game with us as well (:
Wow, you guys have had lots of changes in the new year. Glad Silas is taking it well. I wish we had school 7 days a week during our hard times. He does so much better with a structured day. So glad we are all together for the class.....lots of good discussion to come I hope! :) see ya Sat!
Karen Purvis' stuff is great. You'll have to let me know how the videos are. Super that your therapist has a class using them. Wish we had that here. Is Silas' ear all healed?
Tracy
Ok, I can not wait to see cello pictures!!!
Sounds like things are awesome in the house!!!
Post a Comment