Tuesday, December 7, 2010

FAITHFUL

Deuteronomy 7:9 says, "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands". I was awakened early this morning and during some quiet time was drawn to this verse. I truly believe I experienced a miracle through the hands of two surgeons yesterday. During Jesus time he healed the sick through the power of his word and the touch of his hands. In our time I believe God still performs miracles and uses his people daily to carry out this work in his kingdom. I was nervous yesterday as Silas went into surgery. There were so many what if's. What if they couldn't repair his hearing? What if he had trouble during surgery? What if we had to come back to California for another procedure? What if his facial nerve is damaged and he is permanantly paralyzed? But then the comfort of the promise of our eternal father was spoken to us by his surgeon. About lunch time yesterday, his Doctor greated us by saying that he thought we had an "answer to lots of prayers". The ear he was repairing was in better shape than he thought and though it is early and we will have to wait for healing, he believed there is a very great chance his hearing will be restored to this ear.
God made the lame walk, the blind see.....and through his mighty and powerful hands and the gift he gave to two surgeons, he gave my Silas hearing back. He is faithful. This was a great reminder to me! Many thanks to all of you who are praying for us. The surgery went better than expected and he had a restful night and will begin the recovery process today!

Jason

8 comments:

Rachel said...

This brought me to tears - so happy to hear it went so well! Praise the Lord!

John and Tara Dunn said...

John and I are rejoicing with you all!!!!! Our God is Healer!!!!! Will continue to pray! Love and miss you all:).

Greg and Tammy said...

I absolutely know that miracles still exist today and am so glad that Silas was the recipient of one. A more deserving family and child could not be found. Thanks for sharing.

Stacy said...

So thrilled for Silas and for your family! Our God is faithful, indeed!!!!

Unknown said...

This is great news! I will continue to pray for Silas and your family. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

WE COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH, MUCH LOVE FROM BRAD, AVA AND I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love-Len

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful news! Prayers for a speedy and pain free recovery.
Tracy, JD and kids

Cynthia said...

Amen to that Jason!!! Awesome news! God IS good and faithful!

Praise God!