Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Party, Girl Time and Little Helpers

Caroline had an Easter Party at school last Friday. This week is Spring Break so they celebrated early. The kids had so much fun on the egg hunt! They also sang several songs and had a snack.
Caroline ready to hunt!

And they're off
Caroline and her friend Kaia running for more eggs


Today my mom, sister and I went to lunch at The Glitz. It was fun, much needed girl time. When we're together the kids are always along and we never get time to talk. It was fun and the food was great. Thanks for a fun afternoon mom!
Me and my momma
Alyssa with her berry sorbet
My dessert - the Nonsuch Kiss. Meringue topped with Jamoca ice cream,
hot fudge and almonds. YUMMY! I treated myself.


Tonight I had some good little helpers. I've worked the last 4 days and needless to say, I was way behind on laundry, cooking, cleaning etc. Silas missed his nap this afternoon and was ready for bed around 7:30. Jason was working late, so after I got him down the girls helped me tackle the laundry folding. They were such good little helpers and I got it done much faster.
Caroline's special job was to match the socks
CJ and the sock pile - notice all the unmatched socks - just keeping it real on the blog!
Madelyn was folding towels

The towel tower. I had to REALLY restrain myself not to refold these. If I want them to help me, I need to accept the level at which they are able to help. She did a really good job folding, but the corners did not match up. I still put them in the linen closet and they will be just fine not folded perfectly! I just appreciate that they were joyfully willing to help out their momma tonight.

7 comments:

jeanette said...

how sweet to have helpers!

ok-your dessert...oh my!!

Alyssa said...

Ok- HATE that pic of me! My face looks sooo long. It's time to cut my hair!

Love the towel tower. Wilson loves to help fold laundry and I'll admit I've refolded the shirts. Can't help it! But the towels, that will work!

Sara Beth Stout said...

When we have children I will need to remember your words of wisdom about accepting their help the way it comes. I so would have had issues with the towels to...just sayin!
Glad you got to spend time with your mom and sister!

Danielle said...

Ah, the Glitz! I haven't been there since my bridesmaid's luncheon and I've been wanting to go back.

Looks like you had some good helpers!

Debbie said...

Seeing photos of the Glitz reminds me it is time for a return trip. Love the photos of the girls...beautiful. Glad you are teaching your children the importance of a good work ethic. Well done!!

Anonymous said...

You are cracking ME UP talking about how you had to restrain yourself from re-folding towels!!! Ava 'helped me' weed the other day and I felt the same way....:) Looks like you have had a busy, wonderful couple of weeks......miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Len

Jill said...

I need to remember that, too - accepting the level of help (both hubby and child-wise ;). Mallory loves to help sometimes, but I can never resist refolding/rematching. Thanks for the reminder