Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday. I worked part of the day but was home in the afternoon and evening. The girls and I made Jason a cake in the afternoon and then we fed the kids and got them to bed around 7:30. Then Jason and I made our dinner - it was great! We had grilled fillet, sauteed mushrooms, oven fries, asparagus, salad and bread. Yummy! It was a nice quite celebration and we did not have to fight the crowds - trying to eat dinner out is impossible here on V-day. Here are a few pictures the day and our week!The ice and snow is finally gone!!! : )

We finally got outside for some playtime

Madelyn LOVES Kit. She changes her outfit every day and they are always together.
CJ and Daddy watching the UK game - well, at least Daddy was watching!

Check out those lips!

Our Valentine celebration

THE Cake - it was time consuming, but oh, so worth it! Dark chocolate with white chocolate whipped cream and strawberries - YUM!

4 comments:

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Oh that cake looks so good!!!
I'm glad you guys had a nie Valentine's day!!!

jeanette said...

oh my! that cake! just followed the link to the recipe-that was a labor of love to make. :)

Danielle said...

Sounds like you guys had a great evening! The cake does look fantastic and I don't even like chocolate. Wes and I stayed in too but were out in the traffic mess that afternoon! It was horrible. I think every person in Lexington was trying to go out to eat.

Mama Smors said...

Cara~ so excited to stumble on your blog after seeing you and sweet silas at bounce u today!! i am going to link you up on my blog so i can read all about your fam (www.smorsfamily.blogspot.com)