Monday, February 2, 2009

32

Today is my birthday. I've already had two great celebrations! Saturday night we went to the Melting Pot with some good friends. It was so much fun! We had never been and it exceeded my expectations! I think it is most fun in a group because you get to try more things. Jason being silly and me showing off our dessert dipping items
Group shot
Me, Lennie and Emily

Last night my family came over and my mom brought dinner. We had BBQ, cole slaw, fruit, chips and birthday cake. It was another fun celebration. Today I took a vacation day from work and am planning on relaxing. Our sitter is coming and I was hoping to get a few things done, but I have a cold and feel kind of crummy so I think I'm going to try to sleep, read and relax so I can kick this thing!

Here are 32 random facts since I'm turning 32!
1. My b-day is on ground hog's day.
2. I married my high school sweetheart who I have known since 1st grade.
3. I want one more child.
4. I'm not sure how we will get that other child - naturally or through adoption!
5. I have one sister.
6. I'm happy my parents are still married.
7. My in-laws are missionaries in Cambodia.
8. I love God.
9. I love our church.
10. I am so thankful to have really great friends.
11. I am pleased with what I have accomplished in my 32 years.
12. I like the 30's better than the 20's.
13. I have traveled to Ghana, West Africa when Jason's parents were missionaries there.
14. I have also been to Jamaica, Italy, and France (2 times) and of course China!
15. Jason and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary this May.
16. I love our little dog Sadie - I am a dog person!
17. I love my new camera and hope to take a photography class soon.
18. I like alone time.
19. That is hard to find when you are a mom of 3 young kids!
20. I am a UK fan!
21. I love spring and fall.
22. I play the cello.
23. I was the flag captain in my high school marching band.
24. We won the state marching band contest every year I was in high school.
25. I love the beach.
26. We vacation at the Outer Banks every year.
27. I love that Madelyn is so much like me.
28. I love that Caroline is so much like Jason.
29. I love that Silas has turned our world upside down (well...most of the time). Having a boy has shaken things up around here!
30. Blue is my favorite color.
31. Pizza is my favorite food, although I have many other close favorites including mexican, pasta, bread and fruit.
32. I am a pharmacist and love that I have a job where I can work part-time!

8 comments:

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Jason and Tracey Herko said...

Oh I forgot, maybe we can take the photography class together-it's something I always wanted to do too.
Tracey

jeanette said...

Happy Birthday friend!

we have yet to go the Melting Pot-but I REALLY want to. :) it always sounds so yummy.

hope you get to feeling better. :)

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday! Last night was fun. GLad you've enjoyed your celebrations and that you were having a relaxing day. You deserve it! Looking forward to your baby #4!! Oh and we have power!

kitzkazventure said...

Happy Birthday! What a great list...thinking #4, huh! If I was 32, I would consider it too. Love all the snow pics too!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Cara!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Well, happy birthday!

I found you thru No Hands But Ours. My daughter has unilateral hearing loss and microtia of the right ear. In fact, we are heading to CHOP in a few hours for an audiology exam. A follow up to her October appt.

I'd love to "follow" your blog, but there's nothing coming up on your sidebar to click on for that.

Feel free to come by my blog - I love new readers!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Aaaaah, I found the followers' link. Thanks. I think my page was just loading really, really slow. Technical difficulties ;)