Madelyn has had a rough couple of weeks. Two weekends ago she got sick on Sunday and started running a fever. Jason took her to the doctor on Monday and they diagnosed her with pneumonia. She was fine by Tuesday but progressively got worse all week with a really bad cough. I took her back to the doctor this last Monday. They changed her antibiotic and added on an oral steroid and an inhaled steroid. She still was not getting better and went back on Wednesday and now is doing nebulizer treatments 3-4 times a day. Bless her heart! She insists on going to school, she is not sick, but has not been able to stop coughing. This morning it finally sounded like it was breaking up when she coughed so hopefully she can get rid of all the junk in her chest. I have asthma and Madelyn has definitely inherited that from me.
In addition to the asthma, Madelyn and I are very similar in other ways. We have very similar personalities. Caroline looks and acts like Jason, Madelyn looks and acts like me. Madelyn is more reserved, but social. She loves activities and wants to be involved in everything. She is doing ballet and piano this year, but also wanted to do gymnastics, brownies and soccer! I always want to do lots of things too. Raising her is showing me my areas of weakness and where I need to change. I find myself frustrated with her more often that Caroline just because we are very similar. Things that she does that irritate me are the areas in my life that I wish were different. I have a hard time teaching Madelyn things because we seem to butt heads - it's just because we are so alike.
Madelyn is such a joy as a daughter. She is very sweet and is such a good helper to me even though she is only 5. She is a great big sister to Caroline and Silas. It has been so fun to watch her personality blossom this year now that she is in school. She is confident and fun to be around and I am so proud of her! She is making good choices and working hard in kindergarten. Madelyn, I love you and am so proud of you! I am so thankful Jesus chose me to be your mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment