
I love this little girl. She stole my heart from the moment she was born and I have loved her every minute since. The first two years of
Caroline's life were hard. She was a very fussy newborn and then was rather sick until we figured out she had tons of food allergies at 12 months. Praise the Lord, she is only allergic to milk now and are hoping she outgrows that one soon! She has the sweetest spirit and has always taken everything in stride. Her rough start has made her full of compassion at the tender age of three.

I wanted to devote this post to my girl because she often gets lost in the shuffle of life. Only 18 months younger than big sis and only 20 months older than little bro; she is the middle child. But what a precious middle child she is! She is full of life and has the funniest, friendliest personality. She just seems to draw people in with her love of life. She loves to cuddle and be held - she always has. She'll come up and tell me she hasn't had enough hugs or that she just wants me to sit and hold her. For those of you who have read the "Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman,
Caroline's are
definitely physical touch and quality time. Both of which can be hard to always provide with three little ones vying for mom's attention!

The addition of Silas has been the hardest on Caroline. She was used to being the baby, and I admit to probably babying her a tad too much. : ) She and Silas are getting along much better but they are so competitive! I'm hoping as we continue to settle in this will get better. They do play together some now and also love giving each other hugs, but when it involves mommy - watch out! Her world probably changed more than any other and maybe I did things wrong. She moved bedrooms, her car seat position was changed, etc... She was more willing that Madelyn to offer up her things, but I think that is just her sweet personality. I'm trying to make an effort to spend quality time with just her. It's really hard though! I feel like I am being pulled a million different ways and everyone needs a part of me. Feel free to offer suggestions in the comments!

Caroline, CJ, C'gers, Ceej, Jay Bird, Muffin, Muff Puff (Caroline has LOTS of nick names! Her personal favorite is Muffin.) I LOVE YOU! You are my precious baby girl and always will be. You are a special girl and God has great things planned for your life. My prayer is that you will grow up to love God with all your heart!
5 comments:
Cara, I have the best suggestion ever! I will take her to live with us:) You are doing an OUTSTANDING JOB. You are a wonderful MOM!
Love, Sylvia
What a sweet post. Brought tears to my eyes! CJ is precious and all the sweet things you said about her. I think you are a wonderful mommy. If you need me to watch M&S so you and Caroline can have some quality time bring them over!
What a special post! Caroline is so lucky to have 2 parents who love her so much and appreciate her personal traits. Don't beat yourself up too much because I think you are a tremendous mother and should be praised for all you do! I admire your calm and patient ways so much. The fact that your children want to spend time with you shows just how much they love you - what a wonderful thing.
Family time is important but so is one-on-one time. I often watch John and Kate Plus 8 and am amazed with Kate. One thing that I thought was really neat that they do, is devote one day a month to one of the children. So each child gets one day and they tailor their activites around that child. Obviously since they have 8 children, each child just gets 1 month a year, but they still look forward to THEIR day and cherish the time together.
I loved reading about little Caroline! I just love her dark brown hair and those cute little cheeks. She is precious and will continue to grow into a beautiful young woman. You are doing a great job!
In regards to the brother-sister relationship, I can tell you that there will probably always be competition over "Mom." My brother and I always joke that we get along MUCH better when my mom is not around - not because we both don't love her tremendously, but when we're both with her, we both want her attention so we take it out on each other subconsciously. I think the best thing you can do is to make sure you spend time with each of them individually when you can (easier said than done with three!) so that they will always know that they will eventually get alone time with Mommy!
So, take advantage of all those offers to babysit! And if you ever want to take one of them out up here, I'm glad to keep the other two!
Love,
Brooke
what a sweet sweet post about a sweet little girl.
She sounds just like Becca with the love languages..and with the "having her world rocked the most by the addition of the new child". I know exactly what you're going thru my friend..and I think you're doing a fabulous job. :)
Post a Comment