She is starting to fit into her 3-6 months clothes and still can wear most of her 0-3 month clothes. I did clean out all of her newborn and super warm clothing to make room for her summer stuff. The girls were helping me box it up and we were all sad that she is growing so fast! It is so special that she has older siblings who love her so much. We all have fun thinking of how old they will be when Anna-Grace is a certain age - like when Madelyn is 16, Anna-Grace will be 8. Wow!
I'm still nursing AG and we have not needed to use any formula yet. I do occasionally get concerned about my supply but so far things have worked. I've got quite a bit of milk stored in the freezer and sometimes pull out a few ounces to supplement what I have pumped at work so she has enough for school. I'm just going to do the best I can, if we can make it for a year, great! If not, that will be okay too. We are holding off on solids for a few more weeks. The doctor said 6 months since I am exclusively breastfeeding, but this girl is ready to eat! She watches us intently while we eat and follows each bite we take. I think I'll offer her cereal soon. Maybe it will help her sleep a little better at night! I am still hoping to make most of her baby food so if you have experience with this leave me a comment! It will be new to me.
Anna-Grace's sleeping has taken a turn for the worse. : ( She is waking usually 1-2 times a night now to nurse. I'm not exactly sure why, but it could be several different things. She could truly be hungry - I do go ahead and feed her because she falls back asleep quickly which means I can sleep more. She could also just be craving some more time with me and therefore wants to just comfort nurse. It also could just be a habit. She is still in our room and ends up in our bed sometime in the middle of the night. I think Jason and I are both kind of ready to move her to her room. I think we will do think in the next few weeks.
AG can sit with support! She can do pretty well with the boppy pillow around her and loves sitting in the bumbo seat. She likes to play with little toys now like rings and puts everything in her mouth. She discovered her feet this weekend and grabs on to them and plays. She can take out her passy and put it back into her mouth. She also can pick it up if it drops and get it to her mouth. She smiles all the time and giggles too. She is pretty verbal and makes lots of different sounds. "Gee" with a hard g sound has been a long time favorite sound of hers. : ) She still is not a huge fan of the car but does not scream every time, just most times... We will sometimes have a car ride without screaming now!
Anna-Grace Ellen - 5 months

3 comments:
I can remember both of our boys staring as us as we were eating. I remember someone asking how you know when your child is ready for solids and I just laughed and said, "oh, you'll know!"
Maybe her late night wakings are an indication of a growth spurt?
She's adorable!! I think it's so neat that she has an army of siblings that are looking after her!
I made most of Anna's baby food, with the exception of proteins, and it was really easy. Toward the end, when she was starting to want table food and her meals were 50/50 table food and baby food, we bought jars since it was so hit or miss and we wanted to start allowing her a bigger variety. I did a post with some links here: http://thekellysincincy.blogspot.com/2011/12/whats-cookin-whole-lotta-mush.html. I'd be happy to loan you the "cookbook" we used, it was very helpful for me, a person that needs step-by-step direction. I loved the containers we used as well, I'm just packing them away now.
Great job on nursing, too! It's hard work! We're down to one nursing a day and I had to supplement with formula her last month because my supply dropped so significantly, but I've been thinking of it as an Ensure shake so that she's getting all of her vitamins : ) I think we'll be cleared to move to whole milk this week when we see her pediatrician.
I love that this is helping your older girls be even more loving, kind, and just all around more "thinking of others" characteristics. They are so sweet and just beautiful girls...each one in her own special way. Lovely!
Post a Comment