1. Read my "Jesus Calling" book my friend Emily got me for Christmas. It is awesome so far! I am doing great with this. This book is really good and I highly recommend it!
2. Figure out a laundry system for 6 people so I'm not spending all weekend doing laundry.
3. Continue to nurse Anna-Grace for as long as possible. Goal is the entire year of 2012. Still nursing exclusively. Need to start pumping more and giving bottles so she is used to it when I go back to work.
4. Give each child 20 minutes alone each week with me. That doesn't sound like a lot, but with 4, they never have me to themselves. Did not do intentionally last week, but CJ was sick so we had lots of time together!
5. Plan a monthly date night for Jason and I. Planned for my mom to watch the kids Saturday so we could go see "Courageous" and then we were just tired and it was too much trouble! Caroline had been sick, Jason needed to study, etc... Hoping we can rent it soon and have a date night at home.
6. As Anna-Grace grows out of things donate or sell them. Do not just put them in storage.
7. Try to limit eating out to 1 time per week. Check! Panera take-out Saturday night after church.
8. Use my crockpot 2-3 nights a week. Find new recipes for the crockpot. LOVE pinterest! I've gotten lots of new crockpot recipes and am looking forward to trying them.
9. Read for pleasure. I've read 6 books so far on maternity leave and need to go back to the library for more!
10. Continue Silas' counseling - very basic, but another thing to add to the full schedule. Fail. : ( We have new insurance and our counselor does not take it. We cannot afford it out of pocket. Need to pray about what to do...
11. Memorize 12 bible verses with the kids - one per month. "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
12. Do one fun thing outside the norm with the kids each month. Bowling, mini-golf, zoo etc.
13. Plan fun but simple birthday parties for the kids and make their cakes. One already done!
14. Get out in the yard and enjoy working on the landscaping. I didn't really do this last year being pregnant.
15. Teach the girls to ride a bike without training wheels.
16. Make homemade baby food.
17. Spend time with my friends more often. My life group girls are coming over tonight after the kids are in bed to chat! Can't wait to see them.
18. Spend time with my sister more often. Getting together for lunch to celebrate our birthdays!
19. Loose the extra 20 pounds I'm carrying now. Down 2 pounds. Nursing is my current form of exercise.
20. Enjoy life. When it's crazy remember it is for a season and pray. Doing my best to choose joy.
1 comment:
Is there another counselor that would accept your insurance?
You're doing great with your list already!!
Post a Comment