I got this idea from my sister's blog and thought I would copy her. This year is going to be crazy and I thought putting a few things down in writing might help motivate me when things get tough. In the last month, we have added a new baby, Jason quit his job (our income cut in half), Jason started a very tough masters program and we still have all of our normal stuff going on. I'm still on maternity leave for another month so that helps but when I go back I know life will be even busier. And harder.
So, here are 20 things I'd like to accomplish in 2012. Some will be very basic as I'm giving myself a little room!
1. Read my "Jesus Calling" book my friend Emily got me for Christmas. It is awesome so far!
2. Figure out a laundry system for 6 people so I'm not spending all weekend doing laundry.
3. Continue to nurse Anna-Grace for as long as possible. Goal is the entire year of 2012.
4. Give each child 20 minutes alone each week with me. That doesn't sound like a lot, but with 4, they never have me to themselves.
5. Plan a monthly date night for Jason and I.
6. As Anna-Grace grows out of things donate or sell them. Do not just put them in storage.
7. Try to limit eating out to 1 time per week.
8. Use my crockpot 2-3 nights a week. Find new recipes for the crockpot.
9. Read for pleasure. I've read 6 books so far on maternity leave and need to go back to the library for more!
10. Continue Silas' counseling - very basic, but another thing to add to the full schedule.
11. Memorize 12 bible verses with the kids - one per month.
12. Do one fun thing outside the norm with the kids each month. Bowling, mini-golf, zoo etc.
13. Plan fun but simple birthday parties for the kids and make their cakes. One already done!
14. Get out in the yard and enjoy working on the landscaping. I didn't really do this last year being pregnant.
15. Teach the girls to ride a bike without training wheels.
16. Make homemade baby food.
17. Spend time with my friends more often.
18. Spend time with my sister more often.
19. Loose the extra 20 pounds I'm carrying now.
20. Enjoy life. When it's crazy remember it is for a season and pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck! I tend to refrain from making lists like this mainly because I feel it puts more stress on me. I'm the type that would try to cross everything off the list in 1 month (or week)! I'm all for the one about spending more time with friends. Maybe we can combine that one with date night and do dinner.
Great ideas! I'm glad that you are enjoying Jesus Calling. I might need to buy myself one!
Post a Comment