Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Caroline is 7!

On January 10th, my CJ turned 7!  The birthday celebrations started on Saturday with a family party at my sisters house.  Caroline and two of her cousins all have birthdays within one week of each other.  We had cake, ice cream and just hung out.  The next day, Caroline had her friend party at Build-a-Bear.  She invited 5 friends and then her cousins Kahlan and William happened to be in town that weekend so they came along too.  It was such a fun party!  The kids each got the make their own stuffed animal and there was a dedicated party host who walked them through the process and made it really special.  Caroline loved it.  After we finished at the store, we walked down to the food court for cake.  It was an easy, fun party - perfect!

On her actual birthday, I made cupcakes for her to take to school.  Anna-Grace and I went up after lunch to drop them off and Caroline loved having her there!  We also stopped by Madelyn's classroom and her class loved seeing the baby.  I always let the kids choose their birthday dinner and this year Caroline choose hamburgers (with no bun), mashed potatoes, rolls and peaches.  An odd combo, but hey - it was her birthday and she loved the meal!  At least we had a fruit in there...  After dinner she chose to play Apples to Apples Junior for a special treat. 

7 Words that describe Caroline today:
Compassionate
Competitive
Organized
Funny
Motivated
Cuddly
Friendly

Caroline,
You continue to amaze me every day!  I have loved being your mommy these past seven years and look forward to many more.  You will always be my precious girl, even when you are 100! (You asked me that question last week) You have the sweetest, most gentle spirit but are also very competitive.  You just started basketball and won the defensive award last week. : )  You are a friend to everyone and are very aware of others feelings and are so compassionate.  Whenever you hear of someone who is sick or needs something, you want to pray for them and you do!  You actually remember it and pray for them - that makes God so happy.  I love watching you grow and learn.  You are a great student and reader.  You love doing your homework!  You are also always quick to help if I need something.  You love your brother and sisters and really like helping with Anna-Grace.  You will be a super mommy one day.  You want to be a nurse when you grow up and I think you would make an excellent nurse.  I just love watching you grow and seeing God's plan for your life unfold.  It is such a blessing to be your mom!  I love you muffin!
Love,
Momma










2 comments:

Sara Beth Stout said...

I cannot believe she is 7! I feel like she is still that little 4 year old I met! Love that kid so much! CJ is amazing!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Awesome bear cake! You're super-mom!