Two weeks from now, Jason and I will have just dropped everyone off at school and will be headed to the hospital! I've got an amnio scheduled that morning and then if Anna-Grace's lungs are good, my c-section will be that afternoon. We are all praying that she will be ready! We have to do the c-section a little early due to complications I had with Caroline's delivery. I'll be 37 weeks then.
We've been staying busy and the days and weeks are flying by. I'm in nesting mode and trying to get everything done and ready before she gets here because I know if it doesn't get done now, it won't happen. We got all of our Christmas decorations up this weekend. We are normally a "wait till after Thanksgiving" family, but this was the time we had to do it. The house looks pretty and I will really enjoy all the lights and decorations when I am home all day with a new baby. It will give me a boost during those tough days that turn into nights that turn into days...
The nursery is ready for the baby and the kids have helped me wash and fold all of her little clothes and bedding. They are SO excited. My friends at work had a surprise shower for me last week and it was nice to get some new things for Anna-Grace. She got several adorable outfits as well as a tutu and the most precious little lime green and pink rain boots! I'll have to post a picture. : ) We also got some useful things like bibs, diapers etc. It was so nice!
A couple weeks ago we took the kids to a big brother/big sister class at the hospital. The learned how to put on a diaper, hold a baby, talked about what to expect and got to take a little tour and see the nursery and a room like the one I will be in. It was a good experience for them.
I am doing well overall, I'm just very tired and not sleeping that well. God is preparing me! I am someone who requires lots of sleep and the lack of sleep is the very hardest part of a newborn for me. Once they start sleeping I am a much happier momma. I'm sore but that is to be expected. I only have 8 more work days to go and I think I can make it!
We are celebrating Thanksgiving with Jason's family this year and are looking forward to having everyone over to our house. Jason's mom will do most of the cooking (we only are making 2 things!). The kids are excited about seeing their cousins and I am looking forward to a few days at home with no traveling! Next Saturday we are hosting our life group Christmas party and I'm looking forward to spending time with our close friends. It will be a fun week!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have so many things to be thankful for, God has richly blessed us and I hope our family can be a blessing to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe you are so close! I know it seems like an eternity to you but the months seemed to have flown by! I want to get on your calendar to bring you guys a meal after Anna Grace gets here. We'll be in touch after she makes her grand entrance!
Wow! Time has flown! We have something for Miss Anna-Grace. I will call you to find a time to come by and drop it off! Praying for all of you!
Post a Comment