Saturday, November 5, 2011

Proud Momma!

I figured since this is my blog, I'm allowed to brag on my kids!  I am so proud of how they are each doing in school.  Madelyn and Silas have received their first report cards of the year and Caroline should be getting hers soon - they are reformatting the first grade report cards.  Yesterday, the girls had an awards day at school as well.  We are proud of their hard work and even more proud of the wonderful, caring, compassionate people they are becoming.

Madelyn - This was Madelyn's first "real" report card with grades.  She made straight A's!  Her teacher wrote on her report card, "Madelyn is a model student for good citizenship!  Madelyn is respectful to her peers and authority figures.  She demonstrates a strong work ethic and always completes assignments above expectations.  Madelyn works well with others and has many friends in our class."

Yesterday, Madelyn won the Library Award and the Straight A award.  I'm so proud of her progress the last two years!

Caroline - I'll have to post her report card after it comes, but Caroline won awards were Perfect Attendance, Hardest Worker in Talent Pool and the Good Listener Award.  I had a conference with her teacher a couple weeks ago and it is so great to hear that Caroline is such a great helper and friend to her classmates.

Silas - This was Silas' first report card ever!  This is what his teacher had to say on his conference form, "Silas is doing wonderfully in Kindergarten!  Silas knows all uppercase and lowercase letters, can identify letter sounds in isolation, understands rhyming as well as beginning sounds.  Silas has some difficulty with phoneme blending and is doing well with sight word recognition.  In math, Silas has mastered classification and sorting as well as patterns.  In science, Silas can identify a solid, gas and a liquid as well as understand how matter can be changed.  Silas does very well in class academically and is making improvements in regards to attention and classroom behavior." 

On his report card, she wrote, "Silas is making wonderful gains in his emergent reading and math skills.  Classroom behavior has improved greatly in the past few weeks.  Fine motor tasks are still difficult, however, Silas puts forth a great deal of effort to do his best most days."

I am really proud of Silas.  He has overcome so many obstacles and is really thriving in school.  His classroom behavior is largely due to sensory integration problems and we are working with his teacher to help in that area.  He is learning so much and I am really happy we decided to keep him at his private hearing and speech school this year rather than sending him to public school. 

Thanks for letting me brag. : )  They are awesome kids!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

3 great kids, 3 great reports! You should be proud and you have every right to brag!!

Sara Beth Stout said...

Your three kids are definitely awesome! So exciting and to think soon you will have a 4th child to write about!

Debbie said...

Wow, Cara, the comments were wonderful. You and Jason have every right to brag! They are SO super sweet. I don't see them enough, but when I do.....I love them! Nice family! Blessings on your newest soon arrival.

Anonymous said...

We love them....and already KNEW they were awesome....but so great to read those details! Woo-hoo!
Love-Lennie