For the past 4 years or so, Jason has had the dream of going back to school. He has been a drug rep and in sales for over 10 years and was ready for a change. He really wanted to be on the other side of his job and decided he wanted to become a Physician Assistant. After lots of talking and prayer, he started the journey of taking a few classes while working full time several years ago. He had several classes he had to take before he could apply to PA school that he had not taken for his undergrad degree. Those were a crazy couple of years. He took evening and weekend classes while working full time - it was hard on both of us. He would spend his evenings and weekends studying and we really didn't get to spend much time together. We knew it was just for a season and made it through.
Last year, Jason applied to the PA program and got on the waiting list. We were really disappointed. Jason struggled a lot with why God had lead him down that road and then it seemed to be a dead end. I told him that we would see God's hand in the fact that he did not get in. There was a reason why last year was not the year for him. Well, a lot has changed in this past year! I knew I needed to find a new job. I was working for Wal-Mart pharmacy and the hours and working weekends and holidays are not family friendly. Working only a couple days a week it was fine, but I knew I would be working full time while Jason was in school and that job was not going to allow me to be the mom I wanted to be. Well last January, I started my current job at our local Health Department and I really like it. It's full time, M-F. I'm off every weekend, every holiday etc. I can slip out if the kids have a special lunch or thing at school and I enjoy what I'm doing. It has offered me some new challenges as a pharmacist that I enjoy! In April we found out we were expecting Anna-Grace and I think that is the big reason why Jason did not get into school last year. God planned for us to have another child! We needed Jason to be working this year so we could have his insurance, his income and a year to allow me to adjust to my job and save money.
Jason reapplied to PA school in August and we are so excited to announce that he will be starting in January! He turned in his notice to work a few weeks ago and now we can freely share the good news. December and January will be crazy at our house with lots of big changes, but we are excited. We like to keep things hopping around here. : ) His program will be 2 1/2 years and he will graduate in May of 2014. I am very proud of his hard work and determination. He will be probably 10 years older than most of the people in his class, but I think the maturity will be a great asset. I guarantee you he will be the only student with 4 kids 8 and under including a newborn. Lol!
I love seeing God's hand in our lives and I know Jason is following His will by going to PA school. He will be a wonderful PA! Life will be very full the next few years with him in school and our regular life, but again - it is for a season and if anyone can do it, we can! I'm looking forward to getting to brag on his good report cards in the near future. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cara & Jason, so happy for your family and this new chapter in the life of your family. Keep us updated and know I will pray for you each time you come to my mind. Blessings dear friends.
Jason? Mature? Kidding! I have no doubt he'll be a great PA as well. Prayers for you and your family as you begin this new journey.
Awesome news! Go Jason! So proud of you!
Can't wait to see Anna Grace!!!
Post a Comment