God never ceases to amaze me. I'm going to document how He provides for us as we go through this next year full of exciting things for our family.
So far we have all of our tickets booked to go to California in June! God has provided because we only had to pay for 2 of the 5 tickets. Our doctor provided 2 complimentary tickets for Silas and I. We bought the girls tickets online. Jason's company happens to be having a conference in San Diego (about 2 hours from where we are staying) one of the weeks we are gone. They offered to buy his plane ticket to LA if he would try to come for at least part of the week. They understand Silas is his first priority, but it will be fun to take a little road trip to San Diego for a couple of days. The hotel in San Diego looks awesome and it is right next to Sea World. I might even be able to take the kids there for the day while he is in his meetings, we'll see how Silas is feeling.
We also have booked a rental home to stay in while we are gone. We decided a rental home would be better for us than a hotel room so we could have a kitchen. While it will be fun to eat out some, we cannot afford to eat the entire time. Caroline is also still allergic to milk (we go to the allergist next Thursday to retest) so eating out is hard for our family. We will be staying in Manhattan Beach, about 20 miles from the doctor's office in Beverly Hills. God provided this place too, it was advertised as a "June discount" and was considerably cheaper than the other places I looked at! It is just a little more than a hotel would have been, but we will save LOTS on food. It is 2 bedrooms and 1 bath with a deck overlooking the ocean, and a full furnished kitchen. It's a close walk to the pier and around the corner from shopping and restaurants.
Things are coming together! Now if we can find a deal on a rental car...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cara, we are so excited for you all! What a testimony of God's provision. We will continue to pray that He will provide for your every need!
Oh Cara.............GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love-Len
I always use priceline when we travel and need a rental car. We went to Anaheim a year ago & I got our mini van rental there for less than half what everyone was listing on line.
I'm so glad everything's coming together for your trip! Praying for Silas' surgery and your family.
I am so thankful that you are sharing about this journey with Silas! I have been researching for our son's left ear and look forward to learning lots from you on the Medpor process! Praying that everything continues to fall into place with your trip!!! God is SO good! I'm just now scheduling the scan appt so we'll be moving a little slower but any advice you have on processing with insurance would sure be appreciated!
Post a Comment