I had an okay Mother's Day. The kids were precious and I received several adorable homemade items from them! Madelyn had painted me a little potted plant at school and Caroline made a hand print flower and a card. Treasures!
Caroline woke up about 4:30 am on Sunday morning throwing up. : ( She continued to every 30 minutes to hour ALL day long. Poor baby. I had to work all day on Mother's Day. : ( Poor mommy. I missed being there to take care of her! Today she was able to hold down some liquids and jello and tonight ate some chicken soup I made her. She is on the mend!!
This morning I took Silas to our local ENT who will be doing his follow up appointments when we get home this summer. The Lord is providing again. He was excited about Silas' case, took "before" pictures and was very thorough with his exam. Silas has allergies but becomes even more challenging than normal when we give him any antihistamine. Today the doctor gave me another mediation to try. Silas also woke up with an eye infection today so we got an antibiotic to treat that. He has deep folds on his lower lid - somehow he has a scratch right in the crease and it has become infected. He was excited because he got a Bu*z Light*Year sticker. Or in Silas language "bud light" He walks around telling us he "likes Bud Light!" : ) We also had to get copies of his records from our pediatrician to send to CA. We found out at 8:30 Friday night that they needed them today. I am thankful our doctor's office was able to quickly get them ready for us! The need verification of his diagnosis to convince our insurance company that he needs this surgery. The jury is still out on how much they will contribute.
Silas has become very challenging again. I'm not sure why. There is no explaining or understanding his behavior. We think it might be the surgery or trip to CA talk, so we are no longer discussing it around him. I had to today at the doctor, but at home we are not talking about it in front of him. No matter how much we explain or tell him what's happening, it still invokes fear. Every day, every day, many, many times every day, we have the same conversations. "Mommy work?" "Daddy work?" "Silas school?" "Caroline school?" "Nana (madelyn) school?" "Silas home with Mommy?" "Go to church?" "What for dinner?" Today he decided to scream for 20 minutes because I had to carry Caroline in from the car because she was too weak to walk. There are many, many more issues. Just taking it a day at a time...and trying to enjoy the progress he has made.
Friday and Saturday Madelyn is performing in another ballet. We have lots of practices this week! Tonight she had a two hour rehearsal and she also has one Wed and Thurs nights. Friday she is performing in a daytime show for local schools and then she also has a performance Saturday afternoon. She is excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry you had some ickies at your home for mother's day. Nick cycles thru good and bad weeks too. Everyone will be doing well and then Bam! I do think some of it has to do with them anticipating change. Nick has been a little off and it seems to coincide with getting a sibling possibly. We are going to have some visits with Joan just to be sure we stay aware and sensitive to his feelings during this time. It is not so fun as he gets older and does not react in a "temper tantrum" type way...it is getting a little more amped up. So thankful that God is with us! :)
Hang in there. And good call on not talking about the surgery and upcoming trip in front of him. Just keep reassuring him, no matter how exhausting or repetitious it becomes. We are dealing with the same stuff here as I get ready to go away for a weekend for my anniversary. It is SO hard to go backwards when you were enjoying moving forward!!
Tracy
Post a Comment