I took Caroline to the allergist today. When she was 12 months old she was diagnosed with multiple food allergies; milk, peanuts, eggs, soy and beans. It was a HUGE change for our family. We adjusted and praise the Lord, she has outgrown all of them but milk. Unfortunately, milk is in everything. Caroline has never had ice cream, donuts, cheese, pizza, yogurt or lots of other things. I've compensated and make her own pizza, but with no cheese, she has soy ice cream, I cook with soy milk. She can eat a plain hamburger at McDonalds, but not the french fries. She has eaten out at a couple other places and we have recently found a Mexican place close by where she can have a taco!
It seems normal to us now, but I'm worried about when she starts Kindergarten next year. I was praying she might grow out of it before then. Thankfully her allergy is not a severe as it was. She used to be contact sensitive, if I had something with milk and touched her or kissed her she would get hives. We are SO thankful that is no longer the case!!! We'll continue to pray that someday (maybe next year???) we'll be able to take her out for her first ice cream cone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so sorry she is still allergic to milk...can't believe that precious thing hasn't had an ice cream cone!! praying she gets one next year. :)
Post a Comment